94 wombat help needed

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
jacob

94 wombat help needed

Post by jacob »

Hello, is there anybody that can help me out with my 1972 wombat 125 it doesnt get any spark at all and i bought new points and a condensor and a hole new stator and it still wont get spark im setting the points to .021 is that correct points gap? and i also have a brand new plug and ignition coil to.
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Re: 94 wombat help needed

Post by Bullfrog »

Nope. You are wayeee off on ignition timing. When the points are set with a gap of .012" - .014", the timing will be correct. (.021" just won't work)

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
Dale

Post by Dale »

Jacob, If you are still having the issue of no spark and need some trouble shooting tips, I would recommend the detailed article on ignitions contained in Hodaka Club's "The Resonator Revisited", Volume 2 Number 2 dated October 2011. You can get this document and all of the past and future releases by simply joining the club. Here is a link to the club site: http://www.hodakaclub.org/
Dale
Dale
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

The Resonator is well worth the price of joining the club.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Jacob, what section of the country are you in? Might be someone available local to you that could stop by and help out.
joebat

Post by joebat »

Also you might try disconecting the keyed switch and the kill switch if there is one hooked up just to test for spark. One of these may be your kulprit.