98 Wiring Harness

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
gskaw

98 Wiring Harness

Post by gskaw »

I am trying to bring a '98 back from the dead and trying to put it back to as original as it can be. This might be a silly question, but I am not sure how the original wiring harness was mounted onto the frame. Any suggestions? Also, are these the original wire harnessing clips?
Here are some pics. Any help will be appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0206.JPG
tyfalcon

Re: 98 Wiring Harness

Post by tyfalcon »

The picture in the 98 parts diagram shows the black plastic wire ties, not the aluminum ones. I don't have the tank off of one right now, So I cant tell you for sure.
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Hello, we all think that plastic wire ties have been around forever, but those of us whom have really been around forever, would bet that the almn, type ties shown in picture would be more than likly the orginal. The black cable ties did not really get popular to the gen public until the late 70,s or 80,s, we first saw them being used by someone whom knew someone in the telephone industry, and they started using them first. I vote of the Almn. ones as orginal equipt. Ol guy Bruce Young Hodakaparts.com
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
gskaw

Post by gskaw »

Ok Thanks. I know it sounds kind of silly about worrying about whats under the tank that you cant see, but I am trying to keep it as original as I can. I keep telling myself this project would be easier if I was just going to vintage race this thing. I wouldn't be concerned about such things. I am trying to make it look just like it did right out of the crate!
Dale

Post by Dale »

Looking at the various models and their parts diagrams, it looks to me like a switch was made from the metal ties to plastic ties after 1973. For example, the Model 94 Wombats have metal and Model 99 and 98 have plastic. These plastic are not quite like the zip ties that we all know today, but plastic none the less. They are available here at Strictly Hodaka so you could order a set and install them. I did check my 98 Super Rat, but the original ties are long gone, so I don't have any additional information to offer.
Dale
Dale
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Pretty good Dale !! :-)
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

Yep Greg its plastic. My 74 Super Combat is un restored origional and I have owned it since 1977.

Rich
tyfalcon

Post by tyfalcon »

I pulled the tank on one today, It is plastic but this one is white not black. could of been a previous owner changed them ?
gskaw

Post by gskaw »

Dug through my boxes of parts that I got with this bike and found plastic wire ties. They were white and had the #CE-140 stamped on them.
Everything was such a mess when I got it that I wasn't sure what went where or what was what. Here are pictures of what I found.
Attachments
IMG_0209.JPG