Looking for books

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
thathodakaguy

Looking for books

Post by thathodakaguy »

Are there any good and reliable resources for Super Rat restoration?
socalhodaka

Re: Looking for books

Post by socalhodaka »

There are no books on just how to restore a Rat, there are shop manuals on how to work on the bike. How about a photo of your project? Is it complete? What part of the country are you in, good chance another Hodaka member is near by. Do a search here. I hope to start a new restoration soon and will record what I do. So whats your question and we can get you started, first again lets see a photo.
Kelly
thathodakaguy

Post by thathodakaguy »

I was looking for what plating was used on nuts/bolts, what color the brackets, hand-grips, cables be? Should the gas cap have 20:1 or 16:1 on it. Should all the aluminum be polished, satin, clear coated? Where all the 93's a reed valve motors? Should the foot rests be rubber? How long should the rear fender be? I figure if I'm going to the trouble of restoring it I want it right.I live in eastern Idaho.
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Hello, This is Bruce Young of Hodakaparts.com of Idaho, Go to our web site and find contact info and phone, number and give us a call. We are just out of Boise, and can help you with all the info you might need. I will lead you in the right direction for parts and pieces and manuals and etc. so this project will be as easy as possible. PS the site you found here at the forum of Strickly Hodaka is also a great place to find info and parts. Paul the owner is of great help, but lets try to help you get started on a local North West location. Thanks awaiting your call Bruce
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho