flat tracker

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
racerclam

flat tracker

Post by racerclam »

Back to the flat tracker topic , I just rolled mine out for a picture for shane on reed conversion. So I thought I would tale a couple more to share. History of it is that I actually put it together in 1983 and it has only wheelied a few times all the way through 5 th gear it only ways about 120lbs. The engine was origionally from my 71 Super Rat that I raced in the the 70s up to 1976, the frame is modified I remove the small back bone inder the tank and removed several un necessary gussets and things that arnt necessary for flat track and also layed the neck back an 1/8" and located the pegs down on the frame. The radial head I bought in 1973 It was made by some local guy in San Jose CA and sold by Ca kart and cycle who is still in business today.This is the engine that I first began experimenting with porting when I was 14 , I have learned a bit since then anf thanks to Harry Taylor learned alot more. The bike is due for a re restoration when I get in the mood. The pipe was built by my ex and now passed away father in Law when he worked at Air cone in Vegas back in 1979 . The bike will probably be used but I like it and its history.

Rich
Attachments
100_4244.JPG
100_4245.JPG
oldmxracer

Re: flat tracker

Post by oldmxracer »

I like it!
rough rider

Post by rough rider »

Cool bike and history Rich.
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

:o Wow that is a great looking short tracker, You might have said but where does this machine live now and was it ever raced and at what short track, I assume in Northern Calif.
If it was raced, do you know what years. I was orginally from Northern Calif and raced there for over 25 years, all kinds of racing including some short track. I may have seen this bike compete but need a little more info if it did race. It sure is pretty. Thanks Bruce Young
Hodakaparts.com Idaho
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

Well Bruce the last time that engine raced was in Kingman Az at sidewinder speedway in 1976. The bike as you see it was put together in 1983 and never raced. And I was living in Vegas

Rich
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

Oh Bruce I forgot to tell you I live in Leeds UT now

Rich
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Thank you for info, that bike is still an exciting looking machine, and it has the great looks of a machine from Cal Kart, they built and sold some of the cleanest short track and TT bikes around Northern Calif. As you know they are really beautiful machines, not just siting still for pictures, but they raced well, as well. They where exciting to watch on the track no matter what rider was on them and what class they raced in.
They where not just built for looks, they went fast. Thanks again, Bruce Young Hodakaparts.com Idaho
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

I still have a Cal Kart sweat shirt with the Hodaka logo on front and Cal Kart on back
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

That is hot!
94 Hodaka Wombat, Combat Toad w 95 frame + 02 Road Toad frame, and a brood of old Honda's.
http://www.goomer.com/honda/