My first try at a How To Video

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
socalhodaka

My first try at a How To Video

Post by socalhodaka »

Ok so I wanted to see what I could do with my IPhone. Here is the set-up,
I made a mic from a pair of the IPhone ear buds, I cut the buds off. You can see I have the mic part clipped to my shirt. I used a video app called Videon, it has a zoom and other changeable settings.

So here it is. My goal was to keep it under 4 min. The topic is simple, I most of all just wanted to see how the IPhone works. I think it worked well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_RgXqNh ... e=youtu.be
BrianZ

Re: My first try at a How To Video

Post by BrianZ »

Nice job! Good tip regarding cleaning the carb vent lines.

Brian
rileybill

Post by rileybill »

Good job, post more .... I would like to see how you cleaned the chain and sprockets!
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Quite nice!

Amazingly good video quality too!

Now you've got me thinking that I've got to bet back to figuring out how to add a narration track to a video clip - that's about the last thing I need to learn in order to be semi-useful with this whole video thing.

Thanks for posting!

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Excellent Kelly !!
Pep

Post by Pep »

Great job Kelly! Thanks for posting
-Laurie
bchappy

Post by bchappy »

And I thought you had to have a Go-Pro to do good videos. Good job Kelly!

Paul, are you planning to make these links available in the Technical Tips and Service section on you site?
Bill Chapman, Monument, CO
Raced and Modified Hodakas in Statesville NC back in the day.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes Bill that is the eventual plan. Honestly still have a ways to go before I get there.
Thanks
Paul
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Nice Job Kelly,
I think one thing to consider is how to organize "How to Videos" so folks can find them. Naming is always an issue. Will they be on a centralized srver or here there and everywhere. What you have to take into account will be Model and Problem, Procedure, Problem Solved, or Help Needed. I am planning to do one when I pull my CW engine apart again.
-Forrest
94 Hodaka Wombat, Combat Toad w 95 frame + 02 Road Toad frame, and a brood of old Honda's.
http://www.goomer.com/honda/
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Great Job, was very effective and informative. Video,s work well when well done and this one is a good example on how easy it is to do. Keep it on subject and short. Great Job.

I too would like to see some sort of index being developed for the Videos on the Forum, based on the area work is being done in. IE; Eng.upper end and then lower end, Transmission, carb, clutch, shocks, forks, and etc. Would make a lot easier for the users to find what they want to look at.

Last but not least pictures and good captions, do an effect job as well, short and to the point.
Thanks Bruce Hodakaparts.com Idaho.
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
DGardner

Post by DGardner »

Very well done!!!! I would like to see one on how to adjust the shifter. Yesterday I was in my shop trying to adjust the shifter and Rodger (from the group) shows up. I ask him how in the fudge do you adjust this @#&^%## shifter? About 30 minutes later my wife opens the door to say that she was off to work, later that day she called and said that she was afraid that Rodger and I had come down with Turrets syndrome. Please save me from Turrets.
bchappy

Post by bchappy »

Paul,
I am going to keep a doc file with titles and links to videos as they get posted so they can be easily retrieved when you get ready to pull them together. I guess the only problem with later using links to the videos on youtube is that the owner can take them down or move them and the links won't work.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Bill for your help.I have some great ideas but time is not always on my side especially right now. My son and daughter-in-law along with my brand new grandson Jack are moving to Vermont from the midwest in a few weeks. So this is taking some of my time. But.... Chris will be here now to work with me side by side and FINALLY I can move forward but I first need to invest time and effort to help get the kids here.

My idea to start us out on the videos is many years ago when I was handling the Hodaka Days events we did service schools in the pavilion at the park. I asked Leroy to video Ed and Roger Lippiatt doing their service school. I had brought in a large TV so that when Leroy was video taping the school people could see the closeups on the TV screen. I believe we still have all of these that were done but I need to ask permission from Leroy to use these on line. They were fantastic !! It would be a great place to start from especially knowing that Ed and Roger were involved.
Just need a couple more hours in the day...
Thanks Bill and good luck this Sunday to your Bronco's.
To my west coast friends good luck to your Seahawks.
Paul
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

bchappy wrote:Paul,
I am going to keep a doc file with titles and links to videos as they get posted so they can be easily retrieved when you get ready to pull them together. I guess the only problem with later using links to the videos on youtube is that the owner can take them down or move them and the links won't work.
Bill I can send you the video if you would like, I also have a folder I will save them in for future. Yes It would be great to access them without you tube.
bchappy

Post by bchappy »

Thanks Kelly but I have a program that can download a youtube video and have already saved this one. I guess we will need permission from everyone before we use them on another server.
junker2k

Post by junker2k »

Great job Kelly
Jack K
rough rider

Post by rough rider »

You did great Kelly, thanks! Richard