Hodaka Book

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
admin
Site Admin

Hodaka Book

Post by admin »

Finally after months and months of research, scans, more research, more interviews, more photos well you get the picture the Hodaka book is finally now at the publishers.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c234/ ... b1079c.jpg

The last photos have now been submitted and the message from Ken Smith last night was this is a wrap! Done ! Finished!
Ken took many many documents and letters we had and made sense of it all. Having some of the information is one thing but the ability to take said information and put it into an order that makes sense is an art form. I have told him previously that I thought his job had him just sitting in a chair and typing away. I had never realized the long hours and hard work that goes into a project like this. I had thought it would be easy and could be done in a few weeks. Well a few months later it is complete with the exception of it going to the publisher for graphic layout and then to the printers.
The book will have a release party in Athena Oregon on Friday June 27th at the Swanson's home. So if you are coming to this years Hodaka Days event you might plan on coming to the book signing and release party. We hope to have as many of the original PABATCO folks there as possible to also sign your book(s). Ken will be making his long trip from Sydney to Athena for the 3rd time.

I hope that I can speak for Ken when we say thank you to all the PABATCO folks that have helped and contributed to this project. I had started on this course almost fifteen years ago and finally it is almost done. It would not have ever gotten this far without Ken's magical talents as an author and the captain of the ship. The book also would not have been nearly as good if we had not had the help and dedication from a person that wishes to remain anonymous. Without this person's help in getting to the bottom of things it might not have been complete.
To Ken Smith a deep heart felt thank you for making one of the things on my bucket list come true!
To our anonymous friend also a huge thank you for the help,advise and friendship always!

Paul
socalhodaka

Re: Hodaka Book

Post by socalhodaka »

admin wrote:Finally after months and months of research, scans, more research, more interviews, more photos well you get the picture the Hodaka book is finally now at the publishers.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c234/ ... b1079c.jpg
hodakaguy

Post by hodakaguy »

AND they picked the right model for the cover. :D
bchappy

Post by bchappy »

WOW! That picture brings back so many memories. I put many miles on one just like that and won a lot of trophies. Can't wait until I get my hands on the book. Thanks to everyone that has had a part in it.
Bill Chapman, Monument, CO
Raced and Modified Hodakas in Statesville NC back in the day.
rough rider

Post by rough rider »

Paul that is awesome! Thank you Ken and to all who helped!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you folks. I have been emailing back and forth with Tim this morning. Tim has asked about the books availability and especially having a copy with Ken's autograph. What we plan is to have Ken sign extra copies at Hodaka Days and I will bring them back to Vermont for shipping. This of course is for those folks who will not be attending Hodaka Days but would still like an autographed copy.
Right now I am only compiling names like we did with the 50th anniversary tank badges. Once we are positive the books will be done for the Hodaka Days book release we will contact everyone back.
So even though you might have posted here already can anyone interested in one or more copies please let me know [email protected]

Thank you!
Paul
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Any idea of what the price will ??
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes they will be $ 50.00 and will be over 200 pages and hard cover.
The limited edition leatherbound copies I am not positive of at this moment.
Thanks Dan see you soon
Paul
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

Paul, put me down for a book. I'm going to do my best to be at Hodaka days to pick one up in person!

Brian
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sure will Brian! It will be great to see you there. Plan on doing a lot of smiling :-)
Thanks
Paul
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Pencil me in for one of each...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK here is the poster Kaity designed for the book. Great job !! We are really getting excited!!!!

thirdstone

Post by thirdstone »

Hi Paul
Put me down for one thanks. Will Ken be selling them from VMX in Australia?
Kev
Droptarotter

Post by Droptarotter »

I would like a book also.....let me know when available.

Cheers