transport to Hodaka Days

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
thrownchain

transport to Hodaka Days

Post by thrownchain »

I've been approached by someone who needs bikes transported to Hodaka Days. I hadn't planned on going, but if I can put together a big enuff load of bikes to make it worth while, I will consider it. I have uncovered in the back of my pick up, and covered in my trailer. I will chain the bikes in the truck to it so they don't wander off, and the trailer will also be secure. Can do one way out or back and of course round trip for you guys that like to fly out. I'm in central upstate NY ( Auburn area) . Still working out prices, but dont expect round trip for $100. Looking at almost 5500 mile round trip from my place, gas and motels and food for the trip. Any traveling I have to do to pick up bikes in New England will be extra. Depending on what comes up there may be the option to do pick up or drop offs on the way out or back as long as they're not to far from the interstate. Let me know as soon as possible so I can start to build a load and see if it's feasable. Thx
thrownchain

Re: transport to Hodaka Days

Post by thrownchain »

Nobody ??
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

I may be interested depending on the cost. I live in Southern Ontario and I've been looking at shipping a bike to Vancouver where I would fly out to meet it and then rent a truck to get my wife, myself and the bike to Oregon. The trouble with my plan is that the shipping cost for my bike is about double what my air fare would be! I would really like to ride a Hodaka at Hodaka Days, but I have to keep my costs reasonable.

Anyway, keep me in mind if your plan goes ahead. I'm looking at about a 4 hour drive to Auburn NY, which is reasonable. I just have to make sure that everything will work out at the border. There could be a problem if I cross into the USA with a bike and then return without one (they will think I sold it), but I can work that out in advance.

Brian
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Brian, E mail sent.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

OK, we got one.....
Droptarotter

Post by Droptarotter »

BrianZ;
I am close to Vancouver BC, and am hoping to go to Hodaka days, so send me a pm or email if you still need help.
Cheers
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Bringin' this back up to the top. I'll be at the York swapmeet if you'd like to stop by and discuss possible transport for your bike to Athena in June.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Bringing this back to the top. Still looking for more people that need bikes hauled to Athena in June for Hodaka Days.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

After talking with a couple people, I've come up with a price of $600 for the round trip ride from central NY to Oregon and back. That may seem like alot, but if you can find anyone that would do it cheaper, by all means feel free to use them. I need to sign on at least 6 to make the trip feasable for me. I have room to haul at least double that. Could work out a discount for multiple bikes from the same owner. Like to have a tentative list ASAP. I wont need the bikes till around June 1, transport payable when I get the bike. I under stand things may change between now and then, but need to start the planning process. I need to be on the road 4 days before the start of the event.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dan even though I am driving to Hodaka Days and back while pulling my trailer I might need more transported out and back. Your prices are very fair! It normally costs me at the very least $ 2800.00 just in gas and is for me a 6000 mile trip. A normal trucker moving bikes that distance would charge double. You are doing us all a great service especially enabling our East coast brothers and sisters the opportunity to come to Hodaka Days for the 50th anniversary and be able to ride or show your own bikes. Coming all that way and not having your "trusted best friend" Combat Wombat or Ace 100 or Wombat to ride on the Bad Rock trailride just would break your heart.
Hodaka Days 2006 was one of the very special Hodaka events you HAD to be at.
Hodaka Days 2014 will be the same and maybe better. Must must see this one and be there to feel it.

Thanks Dan we will start to help promoting your Hodaka Days transport on our site and bulk emails we send out.

Thank you
Paul
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

I have just purchased a new 5 X 8 box trailer. I plan to drive to HD2014. I will be leaving on Saturday June 21st from King of Prussia, PA.
At this time I am driving alone. A couple have folks have expressed some interest in sharing the driving. Nothing definite.
I will be carrying 3 Hodies. My trials bike, and 2 trail bikes. I can only ride 1 bike at a time, so the other 2 will be available to ride when we are at HD2014.
I have room for 8 passengers in my van, but will pull the rear seat to make room for luggage, etc. This will make room for 5. I plan to return and be in K.O.P. on July 5th or 6th.
If you are serious about transportation to HD2014, and want to share driving and some expenses, email me at;

[email protected]

Rick Mott
Last edited by RichardMott on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Rick I hate to ask but if you leave June 26th from PA will you even make Hodaka Days ?? I can make the trip across the country in three days but these are FULL DAYS ( 900- 1100 miles). If you leave June 26th and even at my pace the event will be over by the time you get there. Don't miss this one it will be EPIC !!
I hope to see you there so please leave a little early.
Paul
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

I was at lunch, didn't have calender in from of me. I was in the middle of a sandwich when I realized my mistake. I corrected it.

Rick
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Draggin' this back up. With Roger driving and limited bike hauling room, anyone who rides with him, I could haul the bike if you want it to go too. I can also do one way transport for those who want to try to sell a bike while you're there. Or haul it home if you buy one there. I've got 2 definate, and might be helping Paul haul stuff out. Still got room to fill, again, need a rsvp now, will need bike and $ around the 7th of June. I'll be leaving on the 22nd. Loading up on the 21st, heading out 22nd. Again, there will be outside in my truck and enclosed trailer.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Alright, decided to add another option for me to get your bike for transport. I wasn't going to go to Unadilla this year, but a couple of my verified transports are going there, so to make it easier for others, I will be available at Unadilla to take delivery of your bike for Hodaka Days transport. I can be there any of the 3 days, but wont go to all 3. We can work out which day would be the most suitable for all involved.
Gary G

Post by Gary G »

Dan,

I will be ready to let the bike(s) go on Sunday, June . Thanks.

Gary
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Ok, looks as though so far I have 2 round trips, and 1 out only. Gary, how many are you looking to have hauled?
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

bringing this back to the top......
Gary G

Post by Gary G »

Dan,

I will have two, maybe three bikes.

Gary
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

At this point I have what I would consider a half load. Just as an idea of the scope of this event, I've had contact from the US, Canada, and Australia to haul bikes. Don't be left with out your bike at the event of the year.
Gary G

Post by Gary G »

This is a great opportunity and price. 50th...
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

It's amazing how fast this post drops to the bottom of the page. Still looking for bikes going to Hodaka Days. Whole or parts running or not.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

This is my weekly drag it back to the top. Still don't have enuff bikes to consider it a load. 1 guy confirmed with 2 or 3 bikes, 2 possibles to be picked up on the way, and I lost the 1 out of Canada. Need to get 3 times that many to make it work. So yes the load is still being put together, don't wait till the last minute to decide, for you New England guys, I can pick up bikes at Pauls if that helps with your travel plans.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Dragging this back up, still have lots of room, would like to head out with a full load.....
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Still have tons o'room.