93A ignition

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
budpat105

93A ignition

Post by budpat105 »

I have a weak spark and noticed that my stator coil wire has come loose a little. Saw this great looking used stator assy for sale. Got it---my unit has coil on left and blank on right. Purchased unit has blank on left and coil on right. so the questions- will it work with coil on right? How do I tell a lighting coil from a ignition coil? maybe I got scammed and was sold a lighting coil- maybe they got swapped sometime in the last 50 years.
Dale

Re: 93A ignition

Post by Dale »

Exciting coil on the left and blank on the right would be how it came originally. Swapping them should not be an issue as long as the coil is indeed an exciting coil and not a lighting coil. You could measure the resistance to confirm which coil you have. With the coil disconnected and with a digital ohm meter, an exciting coil will measure something over 2 ohms. A lighting coil will only measure around .2 ohms. Both very low resistance and that is why a digital meter is required.
Dale
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

If your unsure about your parts and feel like your chasing your tail, just send your parts to Greg at [email protected]

He can bring it back to new
69DFABA2-3DBE-4F34-96FC-08CEEFB9D101.jpeg
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

I could send a whole box of stator assemblies with dpo wiring issues , you have the time?