Looking for a model 01, 02, or 82 crankshaft

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Alpenglo

Looking for a model 01, 02, or 82 crankshaft

Post by Alpenglo »

Hello,
I'm looking for a model 01, 02, or 82 crankshaft to rebuild.
Would anyone have one with good crank halves and shafts that is surplus to their needs?

Thank-you,

Peter
admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking for a model 01, 02, or 82 crankshaft

Post by admin »

Peter we have 100cc rod kits on sale for the next seven days if this helps. 300lbs of rod kits for the 100cc Hodaka's delivered today. Specials on the homepage of the website.
Lots of work but well worth the effort.
Thanks
Paul
Alpenglo

Post by Alpenglo »

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the note, I'll be placing an order. Hopefully a crankshaft will be found!

Peter
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Peter what is wrong with the old crank ?? Guys like Hodaka Dave, Danny Cooke, Ron ,Greg etc... have been able to save them.
Paul
Alpenglo

Post by Alpenglo »

Hi Paul,
I have an 03 Wombat engine that I want to do a crank conversion on using the 94 connecting rod and an 01, 02, or 82 crankshaft.
Thank-you,

Peter
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK Peter gotcha now!! We have experimented with another new option for this conversion. Although at this moment is cost prohibitive. I showed Ed,Dave and Chuck what we had done while they were here a few weeks ago. This will work great but is more complicated than just locating a Road Toad style crank assembly. Hey at least we have two options seeing I will not be making (03) Wombat pistons.
We received your order last night thank you !
It will ship this morning to you.
Sincerely
Paul
Alpenglo

Post by Alpenglo »

Hi Paul,
Do you know what the difference is between the clutch side crank half for a model 01/02/83 part # 992702A and the model 99 part # 992702?
I was thinking it might be the diameter where the needle bearings ride since the former utilizes caged bearings and the latter uses loose needle bearings.
Or are the two the same dimensionally and the caged needle bearing works on the 99 crank?

Thank-you,
Peter
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Peter I will look into it. If I do not get back soon post again to prompt me to get on it. Off the top of my head I personally am unaware of any differences. I had thought all those crank halves were interchangeable.

I can say this though. We sell a ton of replacement caged roller bearings (994016A) that are used where there were individual rollers (994016) previously. Heck of a lot easier to replace the cage instead of all those little rollers. We have never had an issue in any of our engines nor has Roger or Dave. So I do not believe there should be an issue for you if you locate one of the "A" cranks or crank halves.
thanks
Paul