Resonator Rides Again!

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
bobwhitman

Resonator Rides Again!

Post by bobwhitman »

Hodaka Folk:

Crawling out from under a blanket of snow, it is time to assemble the next Resonator Revisited. I need to ask for material by February 17th.

Time to share your winter projects, clever ideas (technical or humorous), proud or serious (local or regional or national championships?) Any and all will be appreciated. Racing wins (or “ya shoulda seen the one that got away”), cool trail rides across our fair (our your fair, for our Canadian and Australian members) country, we’d love to hear about your thrills and, um, learning experiences.

Remember, our two “sections” – one on member’s bikes, to showcase any cool bikes members are willing to share, and “Tech Tips” – a section intended to include short pieces on clever little time/labor/cost – saving ideas writers are willing to share. Please consider contributing these short items. You can’t let Max have all the glory! In addition, of course, to your more lengthy, and illuminating works!

Our target for the next issue is to produce and distribute the next issue in March. Allowing for editing & layout, I need your stuff no later than February17th . Please help with timely submissions.

Bob
541-954-0101
Last edited by bobwhitman on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matt glascock

Re: Resonator Rides Again!

Post by matt glascock »

Hi Bob, Middy would be happy to share an interview with our group. Just a couple logistical questions. First, what is the ideal length of the article, and second, how many photographs are allowable? Thanks!

Best,

Matt
bobwhitman

Post by bobwhitman »

Matt-
Length is variable. We try to give each subject adequate space (there are no specific rules). We try to mix in enough photos to brighten each article and to better illustrate whatever the story is. You are welcome to submit as many pix as you like, identifying which photo corresponds to which text segment is helpful (I can't always guess accurately!) Use your judgment, sometimes the photos pretty much are the story, sometimes the merely enhance. I'll look forward to whatever you produce!
Bob
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

I'm on it, Bob. Thanks for the great work you do. I always eagerly await the next edition.
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

OK Bob,

I submitted my article on the ECHJYA. 800 words. I have been working on it since December. It was vetted and edited by 2 others so I hope it meets the satisfaction of the RR editors. :lol:
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Being a reader and contributor to the Resonator, I sometimes would like to comment on articles or have comments good or bad on mine to at least see which direction to go in future articles or to thank others that do a great job writing and publishing the Resonator. I do like to write and tell stories and to hear others tales of adventure and history. Hodaka times were good times in my life and the newsletter is a great medium to give and receive.

My point being is maybe the Resonator needs a comment page. Unlike the Forum where you can get into trouble immediately and get a response, we have no input either way. When you or I contribute we submit and read our article with no idea of how it was received or how to cheer others on.

Not a complaint in any way, just food for thought, an idea to consider and something other publications have. The Editor should be in total control and we do have the Forum to discuss things in length. Think about it and of course, comment!

Max
bobwhitman

Post by bobwhitman »

Completely agree, Max. Sometimes I wonder whether anyone out there reads our work! We've had terrific material from our contributors (like Max), lots of nifty little tech tips, entertaining trips and competition tales, etc. While Gregg or I do get occasional favorable feedback, (often in the form of emails), it is hard to know whether our members really value the product. Previous pleas for feedback and criticism have not been productive...

Bob
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I think the utility of an index has been mentioned before. Excellent technical and rebuild articles exist on the RRs for reference, but you have to sift through a haystack of back issues to find what you're looking for.
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

I read word of every issue and love it. I would also really REALLY love a detailed index, preferably on the Hodaka Club website (and appreciate how much work that would take).
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

I've scrolled through numerous offerings in the older issues and have found valuable info. I also enjoyed writing my first contribution! But I do get Max's point about no feedback.

Maybe Bob could make a forum post after each publication is released and people can supply comments, in a positive way, about the new articles. "Did it help? Did you enjoy it?" What ever is deemed appropriate. And Bob could also have the editorial option to delete any grossly negative post which had no bearing on one or more topics.

At least then, the contributors could get feed back for what they write, and consider what is offered for their next contribution. Yes? No? What do folks think? ; D Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

I've always wondered if we have the same crowd reading the Resonator as we have on the Forum or at least what the ratio is. I have commented a few times on the Forum about articles I enjoyed in the Resonator. Maybe we need more Hodaka Club members as I sometimes mention on the Forum. Just questions, both are fun!

Max
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

Max--
Feedback on the Res articles might be useful, I've not needed added discussion yet, but it might be helpful. Maybe when the Res comes out, we can start a thread here titled "comments/discussion Vol3 Iss20" and let it go from that point.

I've always assumed that the Forum membership and the Resonator readership overlap.
Keepin' the Shiny Side up
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

That's a great idea, Bill!! Count me in.
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

I always enjoy the Resonator but that is understood and I do not make any mention of it. The same goes for the chart BC did and like the Hodaka book that Paul and Ken Smith published. All awesome -----Clarence
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

The RR has been a backroom project for members eyes only. But I think an issue's table of contents and article excerpts should be posted/leaked on the forum from time to time.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

matt glascock wrote:I read word of every issue and love it. I would also really REALLY love a detailed index, preferably on the Hodaka Club website (and appreciate how much work that would take).
There IS an index now. When was that done? Three-cheers to whoever compiled it!

A tab pops out "How-to Resonator Index" when you scroll over the "Back Issues" button. It's nearly a two-page list (and growing) of genius and creativity. I was concerned about what to do with the sagging footpegs on my Wombat and the fix was in the Resonator Revisited all along!
bchappy

Post by bchappy »

Kelly Mckeirnan compiled the Resonator Index and it is now posted to the website as described above for members when they are signed in. It shows technical articles in each Resonator issue. Now we just have to keep it updated as new issues come out. We also need to send an email to all members that this is available.

Thanks Kelly!
Bill Chapman, Monument, CO
Raced and Modified Hodakas in Statesville NC back in the day.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Resonator? Is it time again? I jump up every morning and check the Hodaka Club site to see if it's out. Ok, maybe I'm rushing things a bit but then again, I can't wait! Maybe this should be a weekly so I won't have to wait so long. Hmm, maybe I should check with Bob first before I have to produce things weekly. OK, I'm off to bed so I can get up early and check again to see if it's out. Just checkin'. 8-)

Maxie
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

Any day now, Max. It will be here soon enough. I'm all a-quiver myself.
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Proof reading is in progress . . . who know's you might be able to hold your breath long enough for it to arrive. Or maybe not.
Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

At least we won't need to depend on the vagarities of the PS of the US to shred our Resonators Redux to us. They will be flung out on the aether of the Disinformation Superhighway to be snagged by our 'puter boxes. Wow.
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

Is it here yet?
No.

;)
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

Vol2 Iss 23 March 2017 is now online.

Yay.
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Bill, you beat me to it! Yay!

Maxie
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Another excellent edition. Thanks fellas!!