Soda Blaster

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Norcal49

Soda Blaster

Post by Norcal49 »

Has anyone used one of the soda blasters like Harbor freight carries?? The video's show it to be a non-destructive method of cleaning parts without making a huge mess. My Dirt Squirt has a Webco head that is rather dirty and nasty looking between the fins. It is a luxury tool but I have lots of things that could benefit from it like the Webco head and a
pair of del'Orrto carbs I took off of my VW engine plus other small parts for other projects. I did have to clean my Dirt Squirt carb
to get it running after sitting for probably 10 years but it did leave the carb with a darker finish than I would like and thought it would clean the carb back to a more normal aluminum hue. As a side note don't rinse off carb dip in the house because it leaves one hell of a smell for days making the little woman less than happy about it. :x
thrownchain

Re: Soda Blaster

Post by thrownchain »

The head I would say would fair better in a Vapor Blast unit, the carb would do ok in the soda blast or even a ultrasonic cleaner.
Zeek

Post by Zeek »

Personally I wouldn't go the Soda route again. I had an XL250 engine done once, and maybe it was a crap operator, but it was rubbish.
Had the Hodie parts vapour blased:
Just streets ahead of Soda
Attachments
Parts vapour blasted.jpg
Parts for vapour blast.jpg
"Experience is something you never get until just after you need it" :D
Little Squirt owner
motovate

Post by motovate »

I'm seeing a lot of references to Vapor Blasting but I can't find a place in Arizona advertising it. Any one have few sources???

LBM
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

There was a guy in New Mexico but according his website he's not taking any work in as he is changing locations.
motovate

Post by motovate »

I answered myself - I did a search on Facebook and there are a lot of Vaporblasters spread out all over the place. I found a place in Tucson, Az which is @ the other end of the state from me but probably the closest and specializes in MC's. I started the email conversation - I'll how that works out. :lol:

LBM