94 Wombat case color

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
SpokaneHodaka

94 Wombat case color

Post by SpokaneHodaka »

Well I have tried the search function to find my answer but I can't seem to figure it out cause no matter what I put in not having any luck. Working on the newly aquired '72 94 Wombat and while the tank soaks I'm cleaning up the rest of the bike. While wiping down the engine it appears the cases were painted a grayish color, is this possible or does it just look that way?

For the short term I'm going to clean it up best I can but leave it unrestored as it looks fairly good under the dirt. In the future if I can't get ahold of another bike to do it on I will most likely do a complete frame off restoration.

Dale
Dale Kassa
Spokane, WA
dcooke007

Re: 94 Wombat case color

Post by dcooke007 »

Dale, the ignition and clutch cover are painted. Kind of a gray pewter color.

Danny
SpokaneHodaka

Post by SpokaneHodaka »

Thanks Danny, that's what it looked like. Now that I look again I do see the pewter paint on SH, will have to pick some up for a future teardown.
Dale Kassa
Spokane, WA
Firehawkmph

Post by Firehawkmph »

Danny's correct. The outer cases were the pewter color that Paul S sells. I bead blast mine, wipe em down with prepsol, than I spray with a light grey primer, followed by Paul's pewter paint. The inner cases weren't painted as far as I can tell. I bead blast them, wipe them down with prepsol, then spray a couple coats of satin clear engine enamel to keep the aluminum from tarnishing. The engine enamel is the stuff from Advance Auto that's high temp rated.
Mike Hawkins