A Disturbance in the Force?

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

A Disturbance in the Force?

Post by Bullfrog »

Has something happened to cause a ripple in the Force? (think Star Wars) Usually there are a few posts about the latest issue of VMX Magazine as much as a week before I get mine. But this time, I've had my issue for several days and there hasn't been a peep. What's up with that?

Actually, I'm sure there HAS been a disturbance in the Force. How else can you explain the radically kewel photo of yours truly on the title page of the article telling the universe, er, um, the world about Hodaka Days 2014 AND my issue getting to me before any one elses? ONLY a warp in space/time could make that happen!

Besides all the interesting stuff about vintage bikes and vintage bike events that you expect with every issue . . . there is even an article written by some guy named Brad (Lackey, I think ;) ) about Hodies and how it came to be that he won his first trophy on a Hodie - with a photo of the trophy presentation even!

Gotta go now. There is an article on BLM motorcycles (Swiss). That's a new marque for me - gotta go check it out.

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
admin
Site Admin

Re: A Disturbance in the Force?

Post by admin »

Gotta admit you look pretty styling Ed!! This issue # 59 of VMX is full of great articles especially a lot of Hodaka information.All the subscribers issues were sent out so you should have yours by now.SH will have re-sellers issues available this week for those of you who may have let your subscription slip.Never to late to sign up for another years worth of the best vintage motorcycle magazine on the planet.
Paul
shunt

Post by shunt »

Ed would have to say that I have had my latest copy of VMX for about 3 weeks (home delivered of course), noticed the post-script for said lead photo for the article on Hodaka Days and was suitably impressed, with the way you styled it up for the camera. But have been getting over the presence of your good President in the land of Down Under taking over the popular press of the country, without coming to terms with Australia's number one Vintage Dirt Bike magazine headlining one of America's Vintage Dirt Bike icons! All the fore mention aside was really waiting for some else to start a thread. Great article, great pictures and the article is a credit to all involved in what is a one of a kind event.
Shane
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Whaaaaaat? President Obama didn't mention VMX magazine or Hodaka Days at any time while visiting Australia??? Politics is just going to heck in a hand basket!

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If Obama and Putin were petting a Wombat instead of Kuala there would be world peace!
dirty_rat

Post by dirty_rat »

The new issue has been mailed out already? I still have not received my issue!!! I renewed on October 30, 2014, but never received any acknowledgement from VMX (only got a notice from PayPal saying payment was made to VMX). Paul, can you check for me please? Thanks.

David Barr
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Obama Putin I don't get into politics I voted HODAKA. Hodaka Forum is awesome --------------Clarence
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

David I will check this morning to verify your name is on the list.I have to wait until Kaity comes in to see the list. I do not have any copies here at the moment but expect more shortly.
Sorry for the trouble!!

I received an email from Sydney Australia reminding me to use spell check when spelling "Koala".
Thanks Kenny :-)
Sincerely
Paul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

David I just received an email from Alistair saying your copy was mailed directly to you on Nov 13th from Sydney. It was not on my list as you renewed your subscription after the address labels arrived here. You should have it any now!!
Paul
MTRob

Post by MTRob »

Paul how do I get on the subscription list? Would like to receive the Mag.
MTRob
Phast Phil

Post by Phast Phil »

MTRob,

You can signup for a VMX Magazine subscription at http://www.vmxmag.com.au.
Click on the Main Logo picture
Click on Subscribe to VMX Magazine.

Note: I thought it unusual to see a Strictly Hodaka sticker on the back of my envelope the magazine arrives in. I figure Pau & Strictly Hodaka
is now involved in the US distribution of the magazine. Cool, I have a man on the inside.....

Yes, a very, very good picture of our own "Capt. Eddie" Chesnut all decked out in his finery! I was suitably impressed.

Phil Ketchum
MTRob

Post by MTRob »

Thanks alot will do
MTRob
Pep

Post by Pep »

Well I saw Ed's centerfold, and swelled up with pride - I know a Pabatco Legend!
Great spread and nice photos - it was like I was there! ...oh wait, I was
-Laurie
dirty_rat

Post by dirty_rat »

Paul,

I did get my copy (mailed from Australia). Thank you for your assistance. I really didn't want to miss this issue.

Thanks again,

David Barr (aka: dirty rat)