Resonator Rides Again!

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
hodakamax

Re: Resonator Rides Again!

Post by hodakamax »

Well, I always read my article first LOL! It was a motorcycle top ten life adventure. I hope you liked it, all true, I swear!

Since I shouldn't be critiquing my own articles due to extreme bias, the one I've been following is Jack Broomall's series on Harry Taylor's Daytona Road Race Replica. Wow, what a project and nice job Jack did!

Jack's project has got me thinking along those lines. Every since I saw the poster of Harry at Daytona years ago, I've wanted to build a Hodaka Road Racer. Not to race, well, maybe some top end record attempt adventure and mainly because it would look cool siting around and it would be fun to take to shows. All talk at this point. I have been collecting things through the years like a close ratio 5-speed, frame, Ceriani forks and such. The fairing is one big challenge and that's why the project never gets any further along.

My project would not be a replica but built to go fast and look cool! All fun thoughts, might or might not happen, but fun to think about.

Just dreamin' again,

Max
Last edited by hodakamax on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
mac

Post by mac »

I think you should go for it Max! As you already know,it is good therapy.
Jack.Broomall

Post by Jack.Broomall »

I suggest you get to work Max! Highly recommended project. You'll never be disappointed!
Best,
Jack
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

A Harry Roadracer should be do-able. There is a styling cliche' nowadays called *barf cafe'racer *gak. Google that term for ideas. There is a roadracing class that have smallish 100cc bikes that use fairings that look rather Harry-like. So the fiberglas bodywork is available, maybe used. I'm sure that there are discussion groups on that class of roadracer.
Let me look around and find some references.
Keepin' the Shiny Side up
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
mac

Post by mac »

I think the road racer would be a really fun project and would be cool to have in the garage,but I have to finish my first Hodaka before even thinking about it.
To everyone who contributed to the Resonator - nice job,well done!

I have not read all of it yet,but I did read your article Max and really enjoyed it.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Is it time again? Are we there yet? How much longer now? I'm starting to check the Hodaka Club site twice a day for the new Resonator. I'm off to bed so I can get up early and check in the morning.

Max
bobwhitman

Post by bobwhitman »

Stay alert, Max; we hope to complete it this (long) weekend and distribute Tuesday? Wednesday? Trying to get good, complete info on Hodaka Days 201&!
Bob
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Bob,

I have returned home from the day's activities . . . and will start right in on the requested camper's map . . . sorry it wasn't possible to work on it earlier in the day.
Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

And again.

I just got the email notice that the June 2017 Resonator is available.

Go for it.
Keepin' the Shiny Side up
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill