Baby Ceriani Parts

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
hodakamax

Baby Ceriani Parts

Post by hodakamax »

Hi Gang, I found a set of "Baby Ceriani forks" for my "Day One" project that I haven't done much on for awhile except to gather up possible pieces. I found everything I need for them to work except for new boots. No luck yet on the internet. Tubes are 28mm and outside diameter is 43mm. Any wild ideas?
Thanks!

Maxie
Attachments
DSCN0775.JPG
JayLael

Re: Baby Ceriani Parts

Post by JayLael »

hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Hey Jay, thanks for the leads. No luck there. What I need seems to be extinct. My old short tracker from the period has some Webco replacements with ribs. Does this jog any old memories of old parts hiding somewhere?

Thanks again!

Maxie
Attachments
DSCN0787.JPG
dirty_rat

Post by dirty_rat »

Have you checked to see if you can get some from another brand of bike that has 27mm forks and make them work? There were quite a few bikes with 27mm forks out there, something from one of them might be able to be made to work. Or, if nothing else, a set of the universal fit neoprene seal savers could work.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

dirty_rat wrote:Have you checked to see if you can get some from another brand of bike that has 27mm forks and make them work? There were quite a few bikes with 27mm forks out there, something from one of them might be able to be made to work. Or, if nothing else, a set of the universal fit neoprene seal savers could work.
I have considered anything that would work from other bikes but it's difficult to cross reference. I have found Seal Savers have that size as a last resort. Thanks for the ideas!

Max
AndyL

Post by AndyL »

Here's a guess: didnt the Dirt Squirt 80's use 28mm forks? You can still get boots for those forks.
Andy #14u
MOVMX, AHRMA, & AMA
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

AndyL wrote:Here's a guess: didnt the Dirt Squirt 80's use 28mm forks? You can still get boots for those forks.
Hey Andy, Thanks!---and does anyone own one that could measure the fork leg and tube diameter?

Maxie
AndyL

Post by AndyL »

Thought of these two others: (I love the tiddlers)
Suzuki TS50 forks are 26mm, (there were a ton of these at Mid Ohio this year as riders)
Honda XR75 forks are 27mm, so the boots should be close enough to work on the Ceriani's.

Other than that maybe try Guzzino web site for the small Ceriani parts.
Andy #14u
MOVMX, AHRMA, & AMA
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Ah, the Internet. I typed in 27mm forks and found 22 models on organ-donor.org. I'll at least have some models to measure the leg diameter.

Max
gskaw

Post by gskaw »

I also have Ceriani forks that I was thinking about putting on a Model 93. It needs some cleaning up but my big problem is I haven't come up with a solution on how to mount a front fender on it. Plus the fork stops don't line up with the frame stops which is really no big deal. The more I look at it the more I think about going back to the original forks. Any comments?
gskaw

Post by gskaw »

I forgot to put in my original post the tubes measure 30mm on these. I tried to do some research online but didn't realize how many versions there were.

Jeff
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

The baby Cerianis are a little small but were cool at the time. They are shorter than the 93 forks but were great for the 90s and 100s. Fork stops are a problem but we figured it out. They filled a void at the time. For short track and road racing they were great because of their light weight. As for the fender problem there are some bolt on points on the lower legs for braces and fender mounts. On the 93 I believe I'd go with the originals, they probably have more travel and parts are available. Early 93 fork tubes bent easily and were quickly replaced on warranty. I don't know how to tell the originals from the replacements, Maybe some of the old dudes would know. I did find replacement seals for the Cerianis but no boots yet. Anyway those are my comments. :)

Max

Oops I see you have 30mm. Parts are the problem on old Cerianis. I'd go with the stock.
tvrc18

Post by tvrc18 »

I thought I had a set of boots Hodakamax but only found some seals for the Ceriani forks in my stash. I had a nos set of forks a while back but for some reason sold them off. I was looking to buy another set but the deal fell thru. I would still like a set for my Larry Powell bike but no luck so far. I have seen the boots on the auction site on occasion.
Terry
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Hey Terry, Thanks for the search. A good friend has a 28mm used set in his attic. I'll check to see if he will part with them.(The hard part would be getting them out of his attic. Been there! :lol: )

Max
tvrc18

Post by tvrc18 »

I did not know they made 28mm Ceriani forks, I always thought 30mm was the smallest.
Terry
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Max the DS 80 fork tubes are 28mm
Thanks
Paul
gskaw

Post by gskaw »

Max
seems like we are on the same page about the forks. I will probably go back to the originals. Save the Ceriani's for another project or pawn them off. I ride street bikes around your part of the country. If you welcome visitors I may stop by sometime.
Jeff
tvrc18

Post by tvrc18 »

gskaw if you want to pawn them forks let me know.
Terry