Hodaka Days Done - Page Two

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Hodaka Days Done - Page Two

Post by Bullfrog »

Your semi-trustworthy Hodaka bretheren sucked in a deep breath and tightened their belts and went out in the woods today on your behalf. (It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it! ;)

Gregg, Dale, Bob, Erv, Jim and trail boss Nate taking a break from cleaning up the Bad Rock Trail on Monday morning following Hodaka Days.

The clean up crew takes a break looking out across the Umatilla River canyon in "Bad Rock" country. The original Bad Rock Two Day ISDT Qualifier trail came up out of the bottom of the Umatilla canyon over the grassy knob which is at center in the photo. The trail crested "Ryan's Grade" about 100 yards to the right of the photo location.

The Bad Rock clean up went well and quickly (too quickly?) with that crew. My wife's mighty Dirt Squirt completed its third trip over the Bad Rock course in the last 5 days . . . what a scooter! Dirt Squirts Rule!

A few other things were checked out before we could call it "done". Walk the park to make sure nothing was left . . . walk the race track to pick up "spare parts" and make sure all the steel posts were pulled AND picked up (don't the mower to hit those!) Do a bit of "gardening" on the track (Knock the tops of the brake-whoopdies and rake the dirt from the tops into the whoopdie holes) Do a second "double check" on the trials area to assure that it was left better than we found it.

Gregg and Bob are on the road home. Erv will head home tomorrow. Hodaka Days work in Athena for 2015 is done. (whew)

Ed
PS: It has cooled off to 101 today!
PPS: Did I mention that Dirt Squirts Rule?
Keep the rubber side down!
fullchoke

Re: Hodaka Days Done - Page Two

Post by fullchoke »

When you guys are looking out over that beautiful country do you envision or dream of a possible expansion of the current Bad Rock to include a trail in and out of that canyon?
I've watched clips of the original Bad Rock film and those guys were wearing some heavy clothing. What time of year was it held?

My son and I appreciate the hard work you guys have done and are doing to make Hodaka Days a success and particularly making Bad Rock such a fun event. Most of us don't realize all that it takes and this thread brings attention to the work we don't think about. Thank You so much!

Greg and Grant Mansholt
admin
Site Admin

Re: Hodaka Days Done - Page Two

Post by admin »

I never get tired of that view Capt. !! Also yes Dirt Squirts rule especially ones that are 2 months old and two years old :-)
Thank you Ed, Gregg, Dale, Bob, Erv, Jim and Nate for all the hard work and allowing us so much fun!
Paul