combat wombat chain and sprockets

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
fullchoke

combat wombat chain and sprockets

Post by fullchoke »

My son is looking to go back to the stock sprockets but can't seem to find that info. Does anyone have the tooth count for the original front and rear? Then he needs the right number of links. Thanks
Zyx

Re: combat wombat chain and sprockets

Post by Zyx »

The specs are on the Strictly Hodaka website. Choose shopping by schematic, and at the top of the page will be a photo of the bike. Right below that will be a link to the specs.
Zyx

Post by Zyx »

14x62
fullchoke

Post by fullchoke »

Thanks Shorty, The schematics show the sprockets but the choices don't say what is original. I'm guessing if we order the sprockets and chain we will get the correct length of chain.

GM
Zyx

Post by Zyx »

Don't look at the blow up diagrams, start with the diagram index page. Find the photo of your bike. Below that are the words view model specifications. The words are not set out in a button or anything that makes them stand out, but they are a hot link to a .pdf of the original owners manual which has specs.
dcooke007

Post by dcooke007 »

Just wanted to give some info based on recent experience. We were using the 14/64 gears on Will's bike and the gearing is good for tight tracks or riding where there are no long wide open runs. We have changed to 14/58 and seems a better fit the riding conditions we are expecting. It would be interesting to hear what others are running. Just an FYI.

Danny
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

When I was racing my Combat wombat I was running 14/60 which seemed to work well.

Looking at the prats diagrams, the first sprockets listed are typically the stock parts.

Brian
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

15-64 here. Plenty low and plenty of speed at the ISDTRR last year.

Max
olddogs

Post by olddogs »

The tracks around here have short straights and a lot of deep sand. I run 14/62 on a modified Super Combat engine with a Combat Wombat transmission. SC close ratio transmission just to busy for sandy tracks.