Model 97 Clutch Cable Adjuster

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Charlie R

Model 97 Clutch Cable Adjuster

Post by Charlie R »

Can someone say for certain what the diameter of the cable adjuster on the clutch cover (Model 97) is? I have 8mm in my mind but don't want to drill and tap the cover I'm working on until I know for certain. Thanks!
Charlie R.
Broken Arrow, OK
bchappy

Re: Model 97 Clutch Cable Adjuster

Post by bchappy »

The Parts Compatibility Chart shows all the model 92s, 93s, 94s, 95 and 97 have the same part number but of course doesn't show the size. All the other models seem to have the adjuster made into the cable (but probably the same size thread.) I will check in the shop shortly and get back to you.
Last edited by bchappy on Fri May 08, 2015 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Chapman, Monument, CO
Raced and Modified Hodakas in Statesville NC back in the day.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Charlie,
Are you talking about the mount point on the clutch cover itself? Where the bottom of the cable threads into the cover? That is how I am reading your question. Unforturnately, I don't have a model 97 to measure. I do know that the 98 Super Rat and the 99 Road Toads are 8mm and most earlier models are 6mm. I just don't know about the model 97.
Dale
Dale
bchappy

Post by bchappy »

The threads on my 97 are 6mm x 1.00.

The threads on my 03 are 8mm x 1.25.
Bill Chapman, Monument, CO
Raced and Modified Hodakas in Statesville NC back in the day.
Charlie R

Post by Charlie R »

Thanks guys! I appreciate the info.
Charlie R.
Broken Arrow, OK
hodakaguy

Post by hodakaguy »

bchappy wrote:The Parts Compatibility Chart shows all the model 92s, 93s, 94s, 95 and 97 have the same part number but of course doesn't show the size. All the other models seem to have the adjuster made into the cable (but probably the same size thread.) I will check in the shop shortly and get back to you.

I just found this out myself. The earlier covers have a smaller threaded hole than the later covers. I got all the way to the end to find this out. I had to pull a later cover and refurbish\ paint it so the cable would fit.