York, PVR swapmeet

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
thrownchain

York, PVR swapmeet

Post by thrownchain »

A little over a week away. Who all is coming? I'll be in the same spot as last year, same motel also. Are we getting togethter either night at the diner for supper ? I'll have a couple of Hodie things to sell as well as the leftover stuff from last year.
Roger Duttry

Re: York, PVR swapmeet

Post by Roger Duttry »

Hey Dan, I'll be there again, Wouldn't miss it for the world ! :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dan I will be there also as usual. The diner for supper sounds great. Saturday night ??
Rick will be there and as will Mike Perrett. Paul Burke? Sterling?
I will have the Preston Petty line of products VMX magazines including issue 59 with the Hodaka Days article by Ken and we just received issue #60.
I am bringing some orders as per requests. If anyone needs specific parts please contact me and I will bring down to York.
See you next week
Paul
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

Mike Perrett is on the fence about coming. Paul Burke is coming. Sterling is not. I sent an email to Bob Brooks asking him to bring his Tadpole trialer if he comes. I will be bringing the Spyder. The Hodaka Club booth will be right next to Paul's. I will have the usual laptop running DVDs of past Hodaka days.
I have a big parts order in for Paul.
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!
Jack.Broomall

Post by Jack.Broomall »

I'm all in for Sunday swap meet. Will pop in and out of Hodaka booth as I have some other stuff I'll be working on at the show! However, keep me apprised of Saturday dinner plans.
Jack Broomall
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

I was thinking about the Olive Garden, but I know some think it is pseudo-Italian. :( Me, I like their food. :)
There are several good eateries in York. They have a new Red Robin. The AHRMA banquet is Saturday night too. :roll:
Rick Mott

michael_perrett

Post by michael_perrett »

Rick is wrong about me, I fell off the fence, has something to do with crude oil. Won't, unfortunately be there.
Mike
pungo

Post by pungo »

Myself and a buddy will be heading down to York from Rochester NY. Leaving noon on Fri, back Sun mid day.

First time heading down to this event for us. Wanted to go last year but could not swing it.

Hope to meet some folks I only know by name.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I will put a post up late next week and maybe where we can all meet up for dinner Saturday night. Tim thanks for joining us!!
See you all soon
Paul
dcooke007

Post by dcooke007 »

Still on the fence about attending. Just depends on whats going on. Any way if I can make it I would certainly appreciate having dinner with you guys.

Danny Cooke
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Love to have you Danny!
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

After reading the PVR site description, the only thing happening Sat is the parts auction. With the swapmeet only open on Sun. Not sure how they're gonna accomplish that. I will be setting up on Sat, so I'm ready to go on Sun morning.
pungo

Post by pungo »

Upon further review of the weekend events schedule, ie NO swap meet on Sat, and our need to depart by noon to return home on Sun, although I would love to meet and greet everyone, the trip just does not make sense for us. We thought the swap meet ran all weekend not just on Sun. Hope everyone has a great time, if we lived a few hours closer it would be a different story, but we are 5hrs plus unknown travel weather.

Schedule of events

Saturday at 1:00 p - Parts auction begins and last until all the parts are sold. Free admission to the auction.

“No Swap meet transactions on Saturday”

Sunday at 8:00 a - Swap meet officially opens to the public. General admission is $8.00

Sunday at 8:00 a - Bike Show will be open for viewing. 11:00 bike judging begins.

Sunday at 8:00 a – Potomac Vintage Riders Booth opens

Sunday at 1:00p - Bike auction begins and last until all the bikes are sold

Sunday at 3:00 p - Swap meet officially closes.

Food court will be open all day on Sunday serving breakfast and lunch
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

Although the swap meet is officially not up and running until Sunday, many of the venders will be willing to sell you stuff on Saturday. They will be setting up their booths, but will not turn away a potential buyer. If fact, some of the best stuff gets sold on Saturday. :roll:
Rick Mott

pungo

Post by pungo »

OK, maybe thats why the schedule says "official" swap meet starts on Sun, and its $8. How does one get in the area to do business on Sat if NOT a vendor? Would expect they would want their $8 per person on Sun. Vendor to Vendor sales I would expect to happen during setup. Also schedule makes a point of saying No Swap Meet Transactions On Sat". We will have to go next year when we have the two full days available to us vs only 1/2 on Sun.

After looking at the original webpage I printed back in early Dec, that did not have the schedule I posted before, it does say in the text, swap meet on Sun. So my mistake for not catching that little detail!! But then again I just found out end of December that we needed to be back in Rochester by 5PM on Sun.
admin
Site Admin

York, PVR swapmeet Dinner

Post by admin »

For all of you that are coming we are planning dinner at the Olive Garden in York PA at 6:00 tomorrow ( Saturday the 17th).
Anyone who is planning on dinner can you please just post here so we can get a tentative head count for a table please.

Address: 1340 Kenneth Road, York, PA 17404
Phone:(717) 845-2264

See you tomorrow!!
Thanks
Paul
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Put me down for 1 seat.
Jack.Broomall

Post by Jack.Broomall »

Something else came up (doesn't it always!) and I won't be able to join the dinner Saturday evening but I look forward to seeing everyone Sunday bright and early.
Jack
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Another one in the books. Had a good time both days, sold some stuff and made a major score which I'll share after I take ownership. Had a good time at dinner on Sat, thx to Stu for his generosity. Met some new people and caught up with some old ones. Look forward to Hodaka Days next......
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

The York meet was great this year. Paul had a good display offering Preston Petty items. Lots of interest there in the LED PP headlight that will be offered soon.
Saw many old friends. Finally got to met Stu Gilland. He is the long time Hodaka owner that had his bike shipped from New Jersey to HD14, then got sick and couldn't come to ride it. Stu treated us to dinner (big surprise). Thanks Stu.
I was able to pick up some items at the swap meet and auction for a couple of projects. Bought a CW tank for $5.00. A bit rusty and might even be too bad to restore, but for $5.00, I couldn't pass it up. I will let you all know how that works out.
Rick Mott

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great time. Great friends. Great fun!! Dan, Rick, Ivan,Roger,Andy,Scott, Stu,Paul Burke all just the best guys to hang with. Stu thank you for dinner!

I had a blast and will be back again next year. Long....... ride home last night with heavy fog, freezing rain, snow. Tons of cars spun out and off the roads. It was Mr. Toads Wild Ride the entire ride home.
We showed off the new Preston Petty LED bulb that Preston and Mike are working on. Works GREAT !!!!! Next step is Hodaka LED bulbs but these will NOT be DOT approved so they are for Off Road use only.

VMX magazine was also very well received and well respected!! Ken they love you!!
Thanks for the laughs and smiles guys it was a blast.
Paul
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Finally took ownership of a Van Tech chassis, possibly for Yamaha, but it is Vantech. Will be sending out pics and hope to verify what it is.....