East Coast Hodaka trail ride date set

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
RichardMott

Re: East Coast Hodaka trail ride date set

Post by RichardMott »

In case you missed it at the bottom of my last message, it is 6 PM for dinner. :lol:
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

All,

The long range weather forecast is looking very good for next weekend's ride. Please try to make this ride. You will surely be glad you rode this beautiful venue in the Allegheny National Forest of Pennsylvania. :D
If you need more info, please contact me at;

[email protected]
Rick Mott

michael_perrett

Post by michael_perrett »

Rick Mott will post a conclusion update on our ride this weekend. My only addition is one poor lad at a local gas station, looking at one of the Hodakas, first wondered what it was, then asked if is was going to be actually ridden on the trails.
Mike Perrett
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

We had a small turn out, but great weather for the 5th annual Allegheny National Forest Trail Ride near Marienville, pa. 4 fearless Hodaka and 1 Brand X rider attended the event. Attending were, Mike Perrett, Joe Evans, Sterling Caudill, Rick Mott and Paul Burke. Our geriatric group started out at about 10:30 on the trail. After a few miles on the trail, Paul, our brand X rider, realized he was not up to the ride and headed back to do some back road riding on his street legal Yamaha. We caught up with him later at the restaurant for dinner.
The ride went well for several hours until Sterling got a rear tire flat far into the woods. Mike Perrett went back to the campsite via trail and road to get the trailer. A couple of trail riders helped out with some ty-wraps they had to help hold the tire in place so he could make it to the nearest road. Neat trick. The ty-wraps lasted long enough to get Sterling past some of the more difficult sections of the trail. Mainly, one of the more difficult hills.
All and all, the ride went well. Everyone had a great time and no injuries were reported. That is if you don’t count the ruptured tube.
We all had a nice Italian dinner after the ride. I was able to make it to Ray’s Hot Spot later that night for some rock & roll and a couple of beers.
Attachments
fearless 4
fearless 4
fix-a-flat
fix-a-flat
5 fearless
5 fearless
Rick Mott

Hodie83

Post by Hodie83 »

Looks like everyone had a great time....and excellent weather!Going to have to try and make that one next year.
pungo

Post by pungo »

Was hoping to go but bikes not ready. Hopefully next year with a buddy, 96 squirt and 01 squirt. Sounds like fun for all!!
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Just a thought, maybe there should be a trail ride and a street ride and meet up at some point during the day and for supper to bench race for a while ??
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

I forgot to mention that there was a street ride before dinner for about 2 hours. Only Joe Evans and Mike Perrett participated in that event. Both on street legal Hodakas. This has been part of the ride for at least the last 3 years.
Rick Mott

michael_perrett

Post by michael_perrett »

The Friday afternoon road ride went well. Rode about 50 miles on really nice gravel and paved back roads. Map did not show correct symbol on one road, so we had to back track somewhat. In other words, Joe and I enjoyed the scenery on the way out and enjoyed the road on the way back, if you know what I mean. These rides are for all Hodakas, from Ace 90's up to the 250's, with speeds adjusted accordingly, so don't fear being left behind with the smaller machines.
Mike Perrett