Got to ride the Wombat for the first time Sunday night

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
amanda11270

Got to ride the Wombat for the first time Sunday night

Post by amanda11270 »

I rode the Wombat Sunday night around my small 6 acre property. It was a blast, the seat is at the upholsterer's, so I had to improvise with a rolled up piece of carpet. I cant believe how quick you have to shift from 1st to 2nd LOL, its tiny. The bike brought a few of my neighbor's out who were curious about its age, and how it sounds like an old bike no ones heard in forever. I must have told the story about how this is the first bike I ever owned about 7 times since I owned this thing now, people are really into it, and want to know what a Hodaka is, mainly when I went to buy parts, like a 6 volt battery, or 6 volt light bulbs. Or even what must be an odd size spark plug.

Cant wait to get a little more time to wrench on it, and my seat so I can really "ride it, like I stole it" LOL.

Almost forgot, what mix of oil/gas do you guys use, the tank lid says 20/1, but should I do more like 32/1 with modern oils?
Dale

Re: Got to ride the Wombat for the first time Sunday night

Post by Dale »

Sounds like you are having some fun with it. You are correct on the oil mix.
Dale
Dale
TrophyHunter

Re: Got to ride the Wombat for the first time Sunday night

Post by TrophyHunter »

Jealous....sounds fun. i started mine but haven't had it out yet. Need to dump the old gas & go thru the carb. It will idle but any throttle up is erratic.

Enjoy.