vermont registration

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
dirtsquirt80

Re: vermont registration

Post by dirtsquirt80 »

I sent the sales tax on what I paid on the bill of sale which is close to the blue book value im pretty sure
rdbrooks14

Post by rdbrooks14 »

All,

There is NO REASON to pay someone big bucks to do this for you - it is SOOOO easy and all they are doing is exactly what you can do!

I have done two bikes with VT. The first one was the 92 ACE a few years ago. My brother "Sold" it to me on an Maryland Bill of Sale. No notary required for VT because of age. I filled out the form. I was not sure about the license either so I CALLED them and they told me to put the MD License number in there. All you have to do is call them you know - you get the correct answer first hand! They are so out of character from DMV folks that I am used to!!!! To a person, they are all cheerful and polite - that kinda freaked me out, not used to that. Any way plates and registration came without a hitch. I took that to the Peoples Republic of Maryland MVA and was able to smoothly get an MD Title and tags and all I had to do was pay the Tithes to the King here to do so.

Last Summer I did the Thunderdog for the ISDT RR. This was more complicated as they KNEW that bike had not started life street legal. So I went to a bike shop in VT that Paul turned me on to and I got a $20 safety inspection on the way to the event. I then took that to the DMV and got temp plates on the spot!!!! I used that bike to compete in the ISDT RR obviously. I got the final stickers and registration in the mail a few weeks a later. NO WORRIES. Me and the Dog are going to Stay VT plated until I move to NC sometime soon as I don't want to build more roads in Maryland with the 100 title fees and Taxes on this bike.

All good.
Bob in MD
39F
kingdve

Post by kingdve »

I looked the form over but how do you submit it to VT DMV ? Is there a "next " link I missed ?
dirtsquirt80

Post by dirtsquirt80 »

you have to print it out and mail it in. if you can't find the address let me know I have it here somewhere. Scott
pungo

Post by pungo »

You have to use good old US Postal Mail.
kingdve

Post by kingdve »

I went to the VT DMV sight and found the same form as was posted but I dont see any address ... perhaps some one whos already been sucsseful at this might post a step by step primer for those of us interested in trying this route ?
pungo

Post by pungo »

Call the VT office and ask for the address. Others below indicated calling is a very pleasant experience and they will tell you exactly what you need to know. Most of it discussed in this thread,
dirtsquirt80

Post by dirtsquirt80 »

Vermont DMV
120 state street
Montpelier VT 05603
RHall1972

Post by RHall1972 »

Hey Scott,

Did you receive your permanent Vermont registration yet? I received my Vermont tag and temporary registration a couple of days ago. Am wondering how long it takes for the permanent registration to arrive.

Thanks,
--Russell
dirtsquirt80

Post by dirtsquirt80 »

Russ it will come a few days later mine did
RHall1972

Post by RHall1972 »

Great to hear -- thanks, Scott.
dirtsquirt80

Post by dirtsquirt80 »

here she is all legal
Attachments
vermont hodaka.jpg
vermont hodaka.jpg (30.13 KiB) Viewed 5471 times
dirtsquirt80

Post by dirtsquirt80 »

here's the second tagged hodaka
Attachments
second tagged hodaka.jpg
jakecb420

Post by jakecb420 »

im not sure if it was covered in this thread but has anyone had success getting a PA title from starting with Vermont registration? if so, what kinda steps are needed to be taken? any tyhoughts?
dirtsquirt80

Post by dirtsquirt80 »

here's my babies together lol
Attachments
my babies.jpg
kingdve

Post by kingdve »

I keep looking the form over and I see where you pay sales tax but how much does the Reg. and plate cost ? Or am I missing something ?
dirtsquirt80

Post by dirtsquirt80 »

it's 44.00 dollars you have to print one of the other forms out and it has it on there. but its 44.00 dollars for any Hodaka. Scott