HD 2014 Report Anybody?

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
bobwombat

HD 2014 Report Anybody?

Post by bobwombat »

Well, it's Monday already & was hoping to see some reports on this weekend's HD 2014! What? You needed time to get home? :D Many of us hope to live thru those who are able to attend so looking forward to hearing about a great 50th Hodaka Anniversary.

Thanks & hope everybody had a safe & great time! Bob in AZ
Dale

Re: HD 2014 Report Anybody?

Post by Dale »

EPIC! Record numbers in every event. Museum a very special touch. I am sure there will be quite a few vids and pics coming on the various web sites in the coming days.
Dale

Oh yes, there was a pretty special book release that happened as well...
Last edited by Dale on Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dale
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

:D :D :D :D Hello, Fellow Hodaka people, This is Bruce Young of Hodakaparts.com IDAHO, and we had a wonderful time at the 50th annual event, visiting and seeing all the old friends and lots of new Hodaka friends at our booth. We had a very successful event and really enjoyed seeing the results of all the work you out there have put into those wonderful machines, Great bikes, Yes the the musem :shock: was fantastic and the book is a wonderment, and a great info piece, I know lots of late nights where spent putting it all together, so we can enjoy. It is fantastic and if you have not picked up a copy yet, you are missing out, Contact Strictly Hodaka, and order it now. You will not be disappointed, best money ever spent. Thanks again to all and please keep in touch, we are now expanding out inventory :idea: :idea: to help with more projects out there. Bruce Young . IDAHO
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
junker2k

Post by junker2k »

It was great, I got to talk to some very old friends and some not so old. Also got to make some new friends.
I also would like to know the out come of the trials. We had a good turn out of riders and a lot of great people
there cheering every on.
Jack K
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

All the results will be coming out . . . somewhere . . . sometime . . . :lol:

But in the mean time . . . there was a tie for first place in the Intermediate class of the Observed Trial between Jack Kelly and Jim Allen. I think Jack was hoping that age would break the tie. However the first thing we look for to break ties is, "Who got furthest into the event before losing a point?" Uh-oh. Jack dropped a point in section 1 and Jim cleaned it - so the tie breaker went to Jim Allen and Jim won the class.

Jack, I've got your trophy and the photo of you with your flat tracker in 1967 which was displayed in the museum exhibit. I'll mail 'em in the next few days. (need a little recovery time)

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
Droptarotter

Post by Droptarotter »

I had a great time!
I had problems with my Wombat on Wednesday and did not think I would get any more riding in, but clear heads from Dave, Norman and myself on Thursday morning found the culprit.......a disintegrating float was clogging my jets.......we were lucky and found a replacement float and the little Wombat was able to complete both the Poker Run and the Bad Rock Trail Ride with no further problems!

The trail ride was the highlight of my weekend!

Thanks to all who put on a great event!

My solution of a small wheel on the front axle to load the bike under my canopy worked a charm also!

Cheers
Dale

Post by Dale »

I'll add that the Bad Rock trail ride was my highlight as well. The rains led to conditions that were perfect for those that like a little mud. One of my best trail rides ever! My thanks to Nate Ewer and Bob Whitman for their work and to all those that set it up, picked up bikes and riders along the way and then tore it down and cleaned up after all of us.

Another highlight; Tommy Croft with my ride at lunch.
DSC02154b.jpg
Dale
junker2k

Post by junker2k »

Thanks Ed.. That is the way the tie should have been broken, first dab is the loser. Jim rightfully beat the
old man, that is better than getting beat by an old man. It's all in fun and I hope we go at it again next year.
Jack K
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

It was the best one yet, and I didn't even ride the whole weekend. Just seeing old friends and meeting new ones is great. The book is great. https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 4k1Is2OAAE
Gary G

Post by Gary G »

Great event. Trail ride and bike show weree the bests. Auction was great too except Laurie stole my 93 super rat poster! Hope it is hanging in a good spot. Boy, I wanted that poster.
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

The video clip posted by "socalhodaka" shows Mike Allen in Section 1 of the Observed Trial. Mike is an Expert Class rider . . . and won the event on his custom built 125cc Hodaka powered Trials Special.

Ed
PS: It seems like Gary B. suggested last year at the club meeting that we should ALWAYS use "Hodaka" in the title of any YouTube videos we post . . . so they are searchable.
Keep the rubber side down!
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Good time, got to meet and talk to people from all over the U.S., Canada, and Australia, nice to see some of the first timers get awards for their effort. Alot of swapmeet stuff to sort thru, and alot of very nice bikes being ridden and shown. Would I do it again.......maybe so.
bobwhitman

Post by bobwhitman »

And remember, when Thrownchain sez he'd do it again - maybe - that he drove all the way from (and back to) PA! Great to meetcha, Dan. Sorry we didn't have more time to schmooze.
Bob
bobwhitman

Post by bobwhitman »

Oops, Dan started in New York...
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Yep, upstate NY, but the East coast Hodaka junk yard crew was there from Pa, and a guy hauling 3 Hodies on a trailer with Virginia plates passed me and disappeared into the distance early in my trip home.

And you're right, so many people so little time.

And it was 5442 miles round trip.
BrianO

Post by BrianO »

It was my first time to Hodaka Days. Brought these 3 with me. Met so many nice people and had a great time. Already making plans for next year!
Attachments
3hodakas.jpg
bchappy

Post by bchappy »

Three generations of Chapmans in the Bad Rock, (L to R) Bill, Riley, John. We all (and the bikes) finished in reasonable condition. Great fun and memories created for all 3 of us. Yes, my hair used to look like John's.
Attachments
Bad Rock - 3 Chapmans.jpg
Bill Chapman, Monument, CO
Raced and Modified Hodakas in Statesville NC back in the day.
pungo

Post by pungo »

Need to get that youngest Gen a Hodaka shirt like Jr and Sr :)
bchappy

Post by bchappy »

He had on a 50th anniversary shirt (sticking out below sweater). Sorry about that but he was cold before the ride started and the shirt was short sleeved.
Bill Chapman, Monument, CO
Raced and Modified Hodakas in Statesville NC back in the day.
pungo

Post by pungo »

Cool, any of those shirts left over for purchase, would love to have one.

Well the youngster was properly raised by Jr and Sr since he road Hodaka