Another unofficial first for Hodaka

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Lugnut68F

Another unofficial first for Hodaka

Post by Lugnut68F »

Last weekend my son and I decided to go to watch friday night fun night at the local drag strip in Terre Haute. I figured since I was going I might as well take the Wombat to ride around the pits since I cleaned the tank and carb the day before.
Anyway, I ended up running the wombat down the track 3 times. My times were unimpressive but I am fairly certain that it was the first Hodaka to ever make a pass at this drag strip. Got lots of looks and probably a few laughs but still had a blast.
For those who want to know, first pass was 14.82 @43.89 mph, second pass was 14.22 @44.11 mph and the third pass was 14.05 @45.04 mph. 1/8 mile track.
I think I can get a Hodaka down to 12 seconds pretty easy.

Later,

Lugnut
Pep

Re: Another unofficial first for Hodaka

Post by Pep »

Well that's pretty freakin' awesome!!
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

THat reminds me of when I took my Hodaka to the bracket races in Vegas in 1975 1/4 mile sure is a long ride on a low geard bike I topped out in the first few hundred feet the just cruised down the track for the next 10 minutes , actually I think I ran 19.16 at just under 60 mph. I actually won a couple matches with cars that couldnt catch me since they had to spot me so much. Just fun. But mt 11 secod camaro was more fun
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

the Camaro

Rich
Attachments
100_1084.JPG
Modracer70

Post by Modracer70 »

Back in the day I drag raced an Ace 100 with Supper Rat cylinder, reed valve, Amal carb, etc. Ran 9.66 @ 66 mph on the 1/8 mile. Set a national record at Atco, N.J. Check out the Strickly Hodaka face book page for pics.
Dave
Lugnut68F

Post by Lugnut68F »

I built a Camaro for a friend of mine. It ran in the low 7's in the 1/8th. I got to take it for a few passes before he took it home. It was exciting and fun but still not as fun as my little Wombat. We parked on the fence at the end of the track. I was going so slow I was doing parade waves to my family and the other spectators along the fence. They were all laughing and pointing and carrying on. It was a hoot.
I couldn't imagine trying this on a 1/4 mile track. I was in 5th gear about 2/3 way through the 1/8 and out of power way before the finish.

Darrin
michael_perrett

Post by michael_perrett »

I have a feeling that there will be drag racing down Athena's main street at the next Hodaka Days. Of course with all traffic stopped and with the city's approval.
Please video Rick's run with his Spyder trials bike, we at the Research and Meditation need to study his talent at starting off the line and down "the strip". How about it Laurie?
Mike Perrett
ECHJYA pension fund manager
Pep

Post by Pep »

I'm in. On the road now, will pick up some racing slicks. Look out Main Street!
Lugnut68F

Post by Lugnut68F »

Like Kelly (socal hodaka) always says, We want pictures. :D
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

I have mentioned for several years the we should have Hodaka days dirt drags , it wouls be fun and an opportunity for some new purpose built bikes .

Rich
BrittB

Post by BrittB »

I would love to see a road race or flat track during Hodaka Days, that would be a lot of fun!
Britt Boyette
Clarke MFG
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A mind is like a parachute, it only works when you open it. Frank Zappa
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Dirt drags would be the safest for the old bones and also show the power performance and tuning. Clarence