Original Nitto Tires

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
robert campbell

Original Nitto Tires

Post by robert campbell »

Hello,
I hope it is ok to post some parts for sale on this thread. I have a 21 inch 2.75/3.00 Nitto Tire and 18 inch 3.50 Nitto Tire that I just broke down from a November 1974 Hodaka Super Rat. These tires are in amazing shape and both held air at 40 psi for nearly 3 days. I do not want them and if someone needs these let me know an I will post pictures of them. There seems to be only one crack about and inch long in the rear tire. Both show little wear. They would be perfect for someone who wants an original tire to display their Hodaka.

Rob
chrome tank SR

Re: Original Nitto Tires

Post by chrome tank SR »

Hi, I am interested in the rear tire. Mike
chrome tank SR

Post by chrome tank SR »

Hi, interested in both tires. Had 20 in my mind for the 2.75/3.00 tire. Need the 21, Mike
robert campbell

I will post you some pics today. Yes, everyone will tell you that they are rotten. These are not rotten. I will sell them so cheap it will scare you. You will get both for the same price. Are you close to Seattle or do you need to ship?

Rob
chrome tank SR

Post by chrome tank SR »

Hi, need to ship. I am in CA. I do not know how to get my info to you or how to pay you. Just joined the Club and not good at doing computer stuff. Mike
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

If you are logged in, click on his name and it will take you to another page. There you will have the option of a PM or email to contact him.
chrome tank SR

Post by chrome tank SR »

Hi Throwchain, thank you for the help. Mike
robert campbell

Here are some pics of the tires. They are a couple nicks from my tire irons on the beads. The ONE crack I could find on the rear tire is shown. The first 4 are the front tire, the last 5 are the rear tire. These tires are not rotten in any way.

Rob

robert campbell

More pics

robert campbell

Last three pics

robert campbell

Found a separation in the front tire. These are high res pics if you know how to zoom in.
robert campbell

I was mistaken. The spot that looked like a separation is a mold defect when the tire was new. There is an identical "spot" on the opposite side that must have been in the mold the tire was formed in. Both spots are is the same location on the circumerence of the bead.

The two places on the tire beed and the one crack is the only blemishes on these tires. There is absolutely no weather checking.

Does 50 dollars and you pay shipping sound reasonable?

Rob
chrome tank SR

Post by chrome tank SR »

Yes Rob, OK. Mike
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Unless you are going to be out-and-out racing, those are awesome tire - especially at that price. I'm running way worse than those right now. Good score.
chrome tank SR

Post by chrome tank SR »

Hi Matt, thank you for that. Being the new kid on the block, I am a little unsure to reach out to the post that I see. You guys do some awesome high tech work on your bikes. Mike
robert campbell

SR,
I called Fed EX and for the two tires shipped to an LA zip code will cost about 50 bucks. They would not be in a box. I could have them shipped in a box but that would be more.

Please call me at (360) 377-5164 to finalize this if you still want the tires. I would not be at all afraid of them. I would use them myself, but I am not into originality.

Rob Campbell
robert campbell

Tires have been sold and are on their way to SR.
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Leave them in the sun for a few hours before you mount them on the rims. That will soften them up a bit making them easier (and less prone to damage - tire and rim) to mount. Like mine, those old carcasses can get pretty stiff.
chrome tank SR

Post by chrome tank SR »

Thanks for the tip Matt. Thank you again Rob. Great to deal with!!!!
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Good luck with the fitment, SR. I am running a few (non-race) bikes with the original Nittos. Its a kick.