Diamond Don's Footage w/ Marty Tripes RR

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Pep

Diamond Don's Footage w/ Marty Tripes RR

Post by Pep »

Can't take credit for putting this together, but it just got sent to me and I had to share.
Lot's of Marty Tripes 100cc Revenge Race footage, cool editing.
I did record some RR, but goodness, the screaming and foul language contained on it might be a bit too much for this forum.
I cannot explain how amazing that race was to watch - kudos to all the folks that put that thing together
Anyway, enjoy!
http://vimeo.com/91991497
-Laurie
swcaudill

Re: Diamond Don's Footage w/ Marty Tripes RR

Post by swcaudill »

Laurie,
Post your video. The language won't bother most of the people visiting this forum. You're right that was a nice video, looked like fun.
Sterling
Pep

Post by Pep »

Hi Sterling, I'll try to get it edited and uploaded in the next week.
This is the only thing I have uploaded to YouTube from Diamond Don's - it's not a Hodaka, but it will give you a view of the track and what the racing was like (crowded, muddy, and rough...basically awesome)
I figure lots of folks like watching race GoPros, even if it's from an ugly plastic 1980 YZ.
Got a good rub on the first start from a Honda on the left, and then brushed the rear tire of the bike on the right. Second moto I got hung in the gate (did that A LOT that weekend). Made for some work getting through the pack. And the 'ol YZinger was running at about 70%
Anyway, it's edited down and I think fun to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5QhBaq ... e=youtu.be
-Laurie
swcaudill

Post by swcaudill »

Great video. Thanks,
Sterling
eichco1

Post by eichco1 »

Nice! Thanks for posting.

Good to see you and your crew at Diamonds.
I'm working on my friends for Rio Bravo. :D

Mark in Illinois
Nut Bros Racing. Doing more with less since 2007! Ride 'em, don't hide 'em. Join The Hodaka Club! Only $24.00!
2Brothersvmxracing

Post by 2Brothersvmxracing »

Great job Laurie!!! Our Team had a blast racing with you ( our un-official, official step-sister) as always!!!!---Terry, Mike, Tim, Brian, Greg, and Todd.
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Laurie,

That was a HOOT! Nice "duel" with #68 (mid-race, first moto). Did I notice one spot where adrenaline might have taken control of the throttle and you might have gotten more air than really desired? ;) (Well, it looked like more air than I would have liked anyway.)

As for Moto 2, I think I know who we need to talk to about those pesky hang-ups at the starting gate. ;) But then I have a sneaking suspicion that you are sub-consciously doing that on purpose . . . cuz it is just so dang much fun coming from behind and passing people. Right? :D

Ed
PS: When you post your Hodaka vids, include "Hodaka" in the title (or at least in the description, key words or something) so it will be searchable as a Hodie video, OK?
Keep the rubber side down!
Pep

Post by Pep »

Mark, awesome to see you! Damon had a blast riding against you - dang you're fast and fun to watch!

To all my step brothers: Thanks for your incredible hospitality and gracious attitude - y'all got the pit scene down pat! Congrats on the 100cc sweep! So cool to see those Hodie colors flying by and dominating. Love seeing y'all - sorry that pesky pizza place refused to serve you :D Brian, I got some Sachs work ahead of me, and you better watch out! And Todd, pay close attention to 4:28 on that video - THAT'S how you check up and don't crash with your friend and ruin both your placings in the race :lol:

Ed, glad you liked the video - #68 is Todd Rapp, a dreaded Two Brothers Team member (and the only rider I cared about beating...there was a fair amount of pre-race trash talk going on). We have a gruesome history, see comment above.
That levy jump was a blast, just hard to make a big leap in a crowd. Though it did make for a couple of "pucker moments" when I got the front wheel waaay too high one time, then the rear wheel waaay too high on the next time - finally got it straight after a few laps.
Sure, I hang in starting gates on purpose all the time ;) - everyone knows who the idiot is at the back of the pack in my class.

Will do on the Hodaka videos - they will work as great how-to's, as in: How to Poorly Jet Your Super Combat for a Race, How to Throw a Chain on Not One, but TWO bikes (CW and Penton), and of course, the very popular How to Run Out of Gas on Your CZ. Yep, real professor on racing over here.
-Laurie
T Rapp

Post by T Rapp »

great footage Laurie. Had a blast mixing it up again. Love Racing with you. If we could ever get off the line decent and run in the front for a change it would be nice, Both of us had crappy starts and hand to work our way up.... Makes for some entertaining racing.....I still have a scuff mark on my right side "Rear" number plate as physical evidence of our previous encounter. Without video proof, I think this clearly shows that I was ahead and YOU took me out..... Great Racing.. See you Soon.
Pep

Post by Pep »

Don't have the vids I shot together yet, but thought some of you would enjoy these photos/links
s1200_pro_100_class_sunday_8232.jpg
"First turn, first moto, 100cc class on Sunday. 98 is Jim Gibson, 8 is Scott Burnworth, 14 is Guy Cooper, 13 is Trampas Parker, 97 is Doug Dubach, 668 is Cody Thomas, and if you can look for the open face helmet to the left that is Trey Jorski hooking the inside line."
For some awesome highlight photos of the event, check out: http://www.travistollett.com/blog/2014/ ... x-national

And here's a link to Dubach's GoPro during the first Moto of the Marty Tripes - can you say fast?!! This does not contain the infamous "white flag crash" but you'll find an entertaining gif of the incident in the photo link above.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... Eb_9oHFnwo
Happy Easter,
-Laurie
MWL

Post by MWL »

That video was awesome! Gave me chills... Thanks for posting.
Mike