1975 road toad

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
marty

1975 road toad

Post by marty »

Does anyone know if a 75' Road Toad is eligble for vintage 100cc cross-country AHRMA compettition?
What I mean is, is the 75' Road Toad considered a "like design" of 1974? I looked in the AHRMA handbook and all it said under the vintage 100 class for Hodaka was 90 or 100.
Appreciate your input,
Marty
Also, still looking for a 100 Hodaka to compete in vintage 100 cross country. I live in Birmingham, AL close to Barber's Motorcycle Museum. If you ever come this way to tour museum, email me at [email protected]
Thanks
bobwhitman

Re: 1975 road toad

Post by bobwhitman »

Yep; same bike as earlier RT. Was reviewed & approved when 100 class first opened in AHRMA.
Bob
marty

Post by marty »

Thankyou Bob for your info; I am considering a purchase of a 75' RT; what would be best way to increase performance and still stay legal by AHRMA?
Marty
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

The model 98 Super Rat top end will pretty much "bolt on" to a Road Toad. You will need the cylinder, head, carburetor and pipe to make it work. A beefier clutch would also be a good idea. If you are keen on modifying the Toad there was an article in the Hodaka Club newsletter a few months ago on modifying the Toad for racing. The back issues are available to new members.

Brian
ossa95d

Post by ossa95d »

Marty,
If this worked right I am attaching a couple of photos of my Road Toad winning both motos the 100 Expert Class at Unadilla Rewind. It is basically stock with a HT2 pipe, Progressive shocks, and plastic tank and fenders. It is an awesome bike and beat the National points leader (on another brand) in both motos!
Attachments
95d-0998.jpg
95d-0935.jpg
Ivan AKA "Pop"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What Mr. Beattie neglected to say is that even at the age of his being he rides like a teenager. That boy can ride! He also figured out a long time ago that horsepower is in the wrist.
Nice ridin' Ivan!
marty

Post by marty »

Thanks to all the folks (Brian, Ivan, and admin?) who posted positive comments and cool pictures of the Road Toad. Keep you posted on any new development.
Marty
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

Marty , the toad cylinders only difference from the Rat is the 3mm lower exaust port which is easily modified , the rat head is a high compression one , reeds the same , Rat carb is a 28 toad is 26. Much can be done to exceed stock Rat performance and still be legal. AHRMA now allows bigger carbs than a 28 too.

Rich