Wombat Airboot

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
ChrisAllen

Wombat Airboot

Post by ChrisAllen »

I am still learning here, but I do know the bike I am restoring is quite special. My family acquired a 72 Red Frame Wombat from a dear friend of the family who use to be a factory racer for Hodaka and the bike we acquired was one that Harry had tuned for the rider. It was fitted with a 32mm Mikuni Carb, but the air box boot was torn and could not be fixed. What airbox rubber will work on a 57mm OD bell and fit onto the stock airbox? or will the original airbox boot work if streached?
JayLael

Re: Wombat Airboot

Post by JayLael »

Chris, I'm going to go out on a limb here, since no one else has responded yet. I think a Combat Wombat air boot, heated and stretched might work. The 28 mm does not have a very big bell compared to the 32, but the regular wombat one is for sure too small. If the bike is going to have a reed valve on it, the combat air boot would most likely have to be trimmed shorter also, which would ease the job of stretching the boot over that 32 mikuni air bell, due to thinner material after trimmed shorter. Otherwise I think you would be forced to go to a smaller carb. I doubt that will be necessary. Best regards, Jay
rough rider

Post by rough rider »

Hello Chris, Sound like a cool bike. Do you have some photos that you could post here? Richard
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

Is the 32mm carb a flange mount or spigot mount ? the flange mount has a smaller bell and stands a better chance of fitting !!! It also has a outside main jet carrier .

Rich