Hodaka 100 B front fender

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
megawat

Hodaka 100 B front fender

Post by megawat »

Question: I have a 1970 100B with "Made in Japan" stamped on the rear of the front fender. The fender is a perfect fit, is this original or aftermarket?
Dale

Re: Hodaka 100 B front fender

Post by Dale »

"Made in Japan" would be typical for an OEM Hodaka stainless fender. Also true on the plastic front fenders for the 100 and 125 bikes.
Dale
Dale
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dale is correct about the stainless fenders. They would be original if they are stamped "Made in Japan".
The front plastic "Hodaka" fenders though were made by Preston Petty for Hodaka. They were manufactured in beautiful downtown Newburg Oregon home of our own Gregg Floren. So the front Hodaka plastic fenders are cast "Made in the USA"
The rear Super Combat and (98) Super Rat fenders were "made in Japan" and are cast that also.
I did not mean to correct you Dale but wanted it to be straight.
Thanks
Paul
Dale

Post by Dale »

Ha! I stand corrected. All I had to do was go look, but there was no need since I was so sure of the stamp on the plastic fenders... :roll:
Well, hopefully this exercise will serve as a good plug for Mr. Preston Petty. Thanks Paul.
Dale
megawat

Post by megawat »

Thanks guys for the fender info. Have been doing Japanese restorations for years but this is my first Hodaka. Kind of funny but as I get older I prefer smaller bikes and the 100 B is a blast.