Chat Group rules

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
admin
Site Admin

Chat Group rules

Post by admin »

I will not allow parts,memorabilia,bikes,posters banners etc.... posted for sale on this forum. Sorry but no exceptions and these are and have always been my rules.
Bikes are allowed on the Marketplace page but lately folks have been trying to sneak parts onto the Marketplace for sale.
Not acceptable.
matt glascock

Re: Chat Group rules

Post by matt glascock »

Sorry Paul. No offense intended.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

None taken at all Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not on the forum often and need to be sure that it all stays cool.
Great banner but needs to be posted somewhere's else unfortunately.
Paul
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

And reminders help, too. In normal forum chit-chat it's easy to blurt out a "I need a whatever" without meaning too.

--Bill
Keepin' the Shiny Side up
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Indeed
pungo

Post by pungo »

Lets make sure I really understand this.

I know parts etc are not allowed in the Marketplace forum, bikes only.

But I thought it was OK to ask for help in sourcing parts for projects. Such as I have a broken xyz and looking for a replacement.
Know I have seen this for shift covers etc.

For myself I first check the SH store first to see if something is available, if not I may ask here in hopes another HC member may have a part laying around waiting for it to go to a project. I know I have lots of parts, dups etc, that I would trade, give, sell to another for a project.
All part of keeping them running and going.

I know I have in the past indicated for my DS80 project the list of things I still need to restore this bike.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tim asking for help in sourcing something is absolutely fine . Selling anything on this forum with a set value or "best offer" is not accepted.
Selling bikes on the Marketplace is expected and welcomed but not selling any parts at all.
If there is something you need ask away . Most of the folks on this site I know personally but I cannot make exceptions to what the forum is about.
This post was about a Hodaka banner being offered for sale here on this forum for best offer. I know the gentleman who posted it for sale and know all those that made a bid but that is not what I expect this forum to be about. This forum is about helping others with ideas and technical assistance. Also about sharing posts and photos from events and spreading the Hodaka word but this forum is not about selling.
Thank you for your question I hope this answers it.
Paul