SH needs a computer savey person ...

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
admin
Site Admin

SH needs a computer savey person ...

Post by admin »

LOOKING FOR A LITTLE SOMETHING TO DO?

I know there are quite a few computer operators/ programmers out there and wondering if anyone wants to tackle the issue of all the spammers getting into our forum or attempting to sign up. From what we can see it looks like we need to upgrade to a newer version but it's all HTML coded and I have no idea how that works. The host of the forum has been less than helpful in tech support. I will put one $100.00 in credit on an acct on Strictly Hodaka or Preston Petty products for your completion. Anyone interested and know that they can correct it? Please email [email protected] or call me 802.375.0200

Patti
viclioce

Re: SH needs a computer savey person ...

Post by viclioce »

Wow! I can't believe no one has jumped on this yet.

Patti you should consider a firewall software and also use a human proof check like enter the following in the box below "X1zyAbF" and you have to prove you are human.

A lot of thes hacking posts are computer generated. So when you do get someone who is willing to prove they are humanoid, it will still be harder. This is a problem when you're open to the public as a forum. On our other forum, we also have more than one volunteer moderators who can help with these kinds of issues. Can't stop them all, but at least they help illiminate them sooner because it's more than one set of eyes.

Good luck! ; D Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

Sorry Paul, if I knew how I would jump in.
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

And many of us are computer savvy and literate, but today's hackers are sophisticated and to fight effectively you'd need to know the latest IT protocols and tricks. Savvy as we are, we're barely beyond Dial-Up.

--Bill
Keepin' the Shiny Side up
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
pungo

Post by pungo »

Ditto Paul, outside my wheelhouse, I design and write code for embedded devices, such as digital camera, copiers, currently Harris secure communications radios. All this IT network hacking stuff is very specialized. I have to rely on friends to help me when I need it. Hopefully someone else knows this stuff.

Cheers