The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
thrownchain

speedo refurb

Post by thrownchain »

Who is the go to for speedo repair?
Bruce Young

Re: speedo refurb

Post by Bruce Young »

Dan there was a very good post on this site a few weeks ago with pictures and suggestions on refurbishing speed o. Take a look, tool to start with bevel removal is available at Home Depot and Lowe's in the paint dept no charge. Try it yourself. Bruce
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Bruce, if it was mine I may give it a shot, but doesn't belong to me, goes on a bike I'm refurbishing.
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Dan, I would still refer you to post a few weeks ago, I think someone in the post was using a speedo repair person somewhere, sorry good luck with the refurbishing project. If you do find someone whom will do the speedo, please let me know whom, and we can keep in our records for future referring. Have a good safe New Year. Bruce
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
Bert44

Post by Bert44 »

This post made me think about ‘that’ speedo post and as it’s 42 C here I thought I’d give it a go. Very simple to do when following the instructions. Pulled apart a Honda C90 speedo and it looks exactly the same internals as a Hodaka. There is no mystery to it. Hardest part is separating the bezel from the casing. The post is currently on page 3 as Ace 90.
Ps. I didn’t need the business card as the spoons rested on the two Phillips head screws.
Bert
1968 Ace 100
94 & 94A Wombat