Hodaka Road Racer Magazine Article

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
psonderman

Hodaka Road Racer Magazine Article

Post by psonderman »

Hi, New to this forum. Does anyone remember the magazine article converting a Hodaka 100cc into a road racer. I remember the article showed the modification of the piston, porting, and changing the carburetor to a European, remote float type, and using a Honda 250 front brake. The article was published in the late 1960's, or early 1970's. Thank you, Phil
motovate

Re: Hodaka Road Racer Magazine Article

Post by motovate »

Hodaka had Tech Bulletins early on on how to convert to several styles- MX, Trials, XCountry and I believe a Road Racer. I'm pretty sure Paul has those bulletins available on his web site. You will probably get some more answers but a search might help on line for Harry Taylor & Daytona Hodaka.

LBM
motovate

Post by motovate »

OK - I just verified myself - if you click on the return to Strickly Hodaka link above and go to the Tech section you will find copies of the original conversion info from Hodaka MFG. As a Kid I collected all of these and dreamed of making each of converting to each "model"- I though it was really a cool thing!!! There is one for a road racer!

LBM
psonderman

Post by psonderman »

Thank you. I actually built this conversion "back in the day". Raced with the ACA in California...Carlsbad, Riverside International, and Willow Springs. This looks like the modification I made. I don't see the piston modification, which had a cut off piston skirt and square holes cuts. I'll look around for those modifications. The piston mod's shown in the referenced articles, aren't the ones I made at the time. You've been very helpful. Thank you again, Phil
motovate

Post by motovate »

You Bet. I still suspect you will get more responses. Cool that you did it back in the day - all I did was dream and pull out the info every 10 years or so to reread them- lost them some where along the way. I finely did get a super rat ran a few Mx and a few enduros. I wish I still had it - heck I wish I still had all the bikes I had along the way - who knew 40 years later the world would begin again!!!!!

LBM