Fuji Kami wiring assist

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
loachridge

Fuji Kami wiring assist

Post by loachridge »

I understand what this group is for and have read through several threads before joining.
Thing is, its the only place that I may be able to get some answers.
I will understand if Admin decides against this post.

I have a 1976 Fuji Kami F500k that I am putting back together. Its been in my garage for a decade now because I thought the engine seized. I was riding it until the float failed due to a bad solder joint. I was not going to even attempt that repair.
Got the carb back on and was tuning it when the bike just quit.
Turns out the condeser mount screw backed out and locked the condenser in between magnets.
Now, I think I have the correct condenser on the way. but there are some wire connections around the battery area that I am not so sure about. And what looks like a ceramic housed fuse mounted behind the battery with top terminal attached but not the bottom. I dont want to screw this up.
I have no documentation on this bike, but do have the original tool kit and tires.

Can I get some assistance?
Attachments
20210722_163858.jpg
20210722_163706.jpg
20210722_163913.jpg
20210722_163849.jpg
20210722_163805.jpg
20210722_163753.jpg
bobwhitman

Re: Fuji Kami wiring assist

Post by bobwhitman »

Love to help you, but have no knowledge of such a bike. Does it have any common parts or design to any Hodaka models? We’re any imported to the US?
Perhaps others will have knowledge & can advise.
Bob
bobwhitman

Post by bobwhitman »

loach-
I was curious, so wandered around the internet. Try https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Old-Scho ... lp,1252269 A lot of discussion about the bikes. More can be found searching as : fuji Kami motorcycle . Hope this helps. Your bike looks to be in great condition. Perhaps you could contact some of the folks posting via the above suggestions. Appears these Fujis aren't especially related to our Hodakas, bur likely have a host of common parts (and likely wiring schemes) with a number of small engine Japanese bikes of the era.

Good luck!
Bob
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Like Bob, I have no knowledge of the Kami bikes so I can't offer any advice about your machine's wiring.

But I can tell you this, the Fuji engine is a strong "look alike" clone of the Hodaka engine . . . but there isn't a single part which is interchangeable between the two engines.

You have a nice looking scooter there, hope it all comes together for you relatively easily.

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
loachridge

Post by loachridge »

Thanks for the assist you all.
The wiring was simpler then I thought. Needed to put a connection on a ground, but otherwise it was easy to track.
So, its running after 12 years in the garage.
A thin layer of rust in the gas tank. Little more time tuning the carb.
Put 3 miles on it today in the field and on the road; with the original Cheng Shin tires.