Big (but not happy) news for All Hodaka fans - Regarding Hodaka Days 2020

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Big (but not happy) news for All Hodaka fans - Regarding Hodaka Days 2020

Post by Bullfrog »

Prez HD2020CancelLtr.jpg
So I reckon considerable discussion may happen right here regarding what we CAN do in 2020 . . . and in 2021.

Y'all stay healthy (and spiff up those Hodies?)

Ed
Last edited by admin on Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Outdated
Keep the rubber side down!
thrownchain

Re: Big (but not happy) news for All Hodaka fans

Post by thrownchain »

Who’s he referring to as “mature” ?? :lol: :lol:
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

More great news. I booked with the Super 8 thru hotels.com. Now they are trying to screw me out of the $422 they charged me in advance for the room reservation they got wrong! I booked a 3 bed, 1 king/2 queen family room and they listed my reservation as 2 queen! I went on line to cancel and after canceling I was told due to the “special rate” none of my prepayment was refundable! I was on hold with hotels.com for over 40 minutes & no one came on line to deal with it. :ugeek: Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Have to watch out for the nonrefundable clause in the fine print. I almost got caught with that for mid Ohio last year. Now I either go to the motels website or call the motel direct. Less issues . Call super8 direct.
givergas

Post by givergas »

hard decisions have to be made in times such as these. glad you guys are up to the task. i work with a man who was in the Philippines during WW2 and he always told us younger ones to always "BE BRAVE" . seems important now a days. i would like to purpose a international ride your hodaka day on Saturday June 27 , take a ride ,post pictures , wright a few words, long rides, around the garage, push the rollers out to the driveway. not to take away from losing out on hodaka days but more of a way of standing up and showing the world were still here and care about our passion. thanks for letting me rant i will get off my soap box now , this self quarantine must be taking its tole on me ......albert
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

I was thinking the same, on the Thursday of that week do a road ride to shadow the poker run,on Friday go off road to emulate the Bad Rock and on sat clean your bike and park it outside as per the show and do a group ride to mirror the parade. Post up some videos for others to see and enjoy.
ossa95d

Post by ossa95d »

AHRMA Corona message.jpg
Thank you for making the difficult decision. I'm sure everyone is disappointed with the disruptions that these decisions are causing, but all you have to do is look to Italy and now England to see the impacts of not being proactive. This virus is not unprecedented, but our ability to get out in front of it is. Some of us may not survive the virus, many more of us will be financially wiped out by the decisions we have to make to slow it down. I may have however found the best way to get through this in the safest possible way. See the attached picture... and please stay safe and healthy!
Ivan AKA "Pop"
mac

Post by mac »

Best wishes to everyone through this. Kudos to the Captain and everyone involved for having to make the tough call on HD. I do like the ideas from givergas and thrownchain...I’m in. I was just working on the Ace yesterday cleaning brake drums and making a new spiffy front number plate.
Keep calm and carry on !
Dale

Post by Dale »

givergas wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:54 am hard decisions have to be made in times such as these. glad you guys are up to the task. i work with a man who was in the Philippines during WW2 and he always told us younger ones to always "BE BRAVE" . seems important now a days. i would like to purpose a international ride your hodaka day on Saturday June 27 , take a ride ,post pictures , wright a few words, long rides, around the garage, push the rollers out to the driveway. not to take away from losing out on hodaka days but more of a way of standing up and showing the world were still here and care about our passion. thanks for letting me rant i will get off my soap box now , this self quarantine must be taking its tole on me ......albert
International ride your Hodaka Day? I like it! You are on to something there Albert. I hope that this seed grows into something really uplifting for the Hodaka community.
Dale
Dale
bobwhitman

Post by bobwhitman »

Several excellent suggestions! How about pulling them together and creating the next Resonator? Post your ideas here or email/text me. I’ll try to coordinate “judges” where needed and special sections for related pieces.
If we do that, we reach all 300+ club members, not just the ones who follow this chat group. Give us all some healthy focus during otherwise frustrating times.
Bob 541-954-0101
[email protected]
thirdstone

Post by thirdstone »

I always look forward to seeing photos of the event from afar . This is the right and only way to go . The aim for the older folk is to make through long enough that you are around when the cure is found.
1. It is highly infectious
2. It’s not going away
3. This is no joke

Keep as isolated as you can , please take care .
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Bruce, you have a PM.
Keep the rubber side down!
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Welp, local district 7 season opener, both MX and hare scrambles, cancelled. Open track day - no racing. Here's my plan: Go over each Hodie with a fine tooth comb. Complete maintenance overview on each sled. Oil changes, filter maintenance, change out in-line fuel filters. Check all free-play mechanisms. Check chain and sprocket wear and chain stretch. Torque everything to spec. Check run-outs, spoke tensions and bearings. Heck, its not racing, but it is an opportunity go over everything, deal with all those little things I blew off whenever, and get ready. I'm also going to start a work/maintenance file for each bike. Its going to be a fricken Hodie Love Fest around here. Things are frustrating these days, but this won't last forever. Stay safe everyone!
Sal Monila

Re: Big (but not happy) news for All Hodaka fans - Regarding Hodaka Days

Post by Sal Monila »

I guess I,m "off the hook" for trying to get there on a 71 B+ for this year.