94 Wombat Condenser Availability

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
ncwLoren

94 Wombat Condenser Availability

Post by ncwLoren »

Hi all, I need a condenser for a 94 Wombat. Hodaka Parts has them listed but I checked and they said the source they had went out of busuness . Is there a solution to this ?

Thanks, Loren
thrownchain

Re: 94 Wombat Condenser Availability

Post by thrownchain »

Be an idea to mount an external condenser up at the coil as an option to the original.
dirty_rat

Post by dirty_rat »

As already mentioned, you can use any condenser with like values (most 6 volt magneto system condensers will be in the ballpark) and mount it by the coil under the tank. There is a whole write up on how to do this in the archives, just search for remote mounted condenser. In a nutshell, you just combine the wires that went to the old condenser and make sure they are insulated from the metal parts. Then just splice the new condenser into the black wire that goes to the under tank coil and ground the condensers body to the coil. I believe someone in the last month or so posted pictures of a condenser they used and how they mounted it. Good luck.
rough rider

Post by rough rider »

Remote condensor
Remote condensor
Bert44

Post by Bert44 »

When I made this modification I used a Honda C90 condenser. Cheap and readily available and works.
Bert
1968 Ace 100
94 & 94A Wombat
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Rough Rider, can you please send me a contact e-mail, need to ask question on condenser diagram, [email protected] bruce
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Can the diagram be correct it looks to be a shorted circuit connected to its self? ____------___ Clarence
gearyoliver

Post by gearyoliver »

Just saw one on ebay fwiw.
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Well I am wrong again, looking at a fresh copy, the diagram is correct. ----Clarence
givergas

Post by givergas »

so i relocated the condenser up under the tank on a B+. that only has the primary coil installed on the Assembly plate .i took the primary coil wire and points wire and tied them together, the coil is grounded on the plate, then ran one wire up to the new condenser, from that connection ran a wire to the ignition coil, the condenser it's self is grounded to the frame where its bolted on , from the ignition coil connection i came off of that one for the kill switch the other wire from the kill switch is grounded to the frame. since i had one wire coming from the magneto i used small black gas line to match the holes in the grommet to put the wire thru and one just to fill the other hole. once i get this bucket of surprises runing so i can stop pulling thing apart i will tidy things up a bit and black silicone around the grommet
Attachments
IMG_7788 (2).JPG
Joe Ormonde

Post by Joe Ormonde »

I helped my son work on his boat . The Shrink Tubing he bought was TRICK! When you heat it up, glue oozes out and seals out water and everything else. I don`t know where he bought it but it`s fantastic! Joe.
Tether

Post by Tether »

That type of heat shrink is marine. Harbor Freight has it as well as other places I’m sure.