Model 93A Expansion Chamber

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
motovate

Model 93A Expansion Chamber

Post by motovate »

Had several conversations about expansion chambers.

Has anyone used a 93A expansion chamber directly on a 01 Dirt Squirt or on a 02 Road toad? I'm wondering if so - was it a pull off and put on situation or did you have to do some modifying.

Maybe modifying fins on the head or lengthening the header pipe to clear the frame???

I'd think the rear mount for the pipe wouldn't be problem and I'd think the slip fit into the 01/02 exhaust flange would work OK as is. I'm just wondering how the header pipe fits?

Seems like a good thing to do - just wondering if anyone has actually done it?

Thanks

LBM
motovate

Re: Model 93A Expansion Chamber

Post by motovate »

No One? :?:

How about a 93B Flame thrower Pipe?

Looks like both pipes are slip on like the 01 & 02 - 93A has a stinger only and 93B has the flamethrower sparkarestor . :)

LBM
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

The 93 pipe and 01 Toad pipe have the same slip fit dimensions, but that's all I know.

Brian
motovate

Post by motovate »

That helps - I thought that might be the case - just wanted to verify.

What I'm wondering now is if the header pipe is the same length and same bend, shorter or tighter bend?

I'm thinking it should be a straight across fit with the exception of rear mounts which is not a problem.

I wonder about the length or bend in the header beccause the 93,93A and 93B all use a screw on cyl slip fit adapter and I don't know if there is a different length between it and the 01/02 - 3 bolt adapter. I measured the 01 slip fit adapter and it measured about 1.4"/35.4mm If there is a lot of difference then there is a posibility the header length might need to be extended. Which is workable and the switch would still be a good choice.

Just trying to do my due diligence before forking out a bunch of money.

Thanks

LBM