Is there a topic posting time limit?

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Darrell

Is there a topic posting time limit?

Post by Darrell »

Hi,

If I get too long-winded while writing a new post I've found that it doesn't make it to the site.

I write my post, or reply, then hit "Submit". The system then asks me to login again, then my post evaporates somewhere.

Is there a time limit to complete your posts?

Let's see if this works. I'm thinking and typing as fast as I can...

Thanks
Dale

Re: Is there a topic posting time limit?

Post by Dale »

Darrell,
I am not sure about a time limit, but that seems to happen pretty frequently with one particular browser. I have gotten into the habit of selecting and copying my text (CTRL+A followed by CTRL+C) prior to hitting the Submit button. Then if my submission fails, I can do the CTRL+V to paste it back. Seems like a bit of a pain, but not nearly as painful as losing your text that so much thought was put into.
Dale
Dale
bchappy

Post by bchappy »

Could be the site itself is doing it. I know most bank sites cut you off if there is no activity for awhile. Maybe Strictly Hodaka can answer that. Seems like if someone is typing that should show activity. Dale has the best answer. When I have typed over a few lines I do that just in case it gets lost. Kind of like saving a Microsoft Word document every once in a while as you are typing.
Bill Chapman, Monument, CO
Raced and Modified Hodakas in Statesville NC back in the day.
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

Remember a few months back when Paul had the problem with Russian spammers and had to tighten security settings on the forum software. The time limits may have been changed. One thing to try is to compose your message in a text editor like Notepad and then copy&paste that into the Reply pane.
Keepin' the Shiny Side up
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Nah, this particular issue has been around for years, I lost several long messages to the ethers before wising up. So, I do the same thing Dale recommended.
Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

I have had this problem.. I type up my long text in a Word doc. Then cut and paste into the site window. Works for me.
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!