Spark Plug

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
MTRob

Spark Plug

Post by MTRob »

Hi
I watch allot of racing and kept seeing commercials for a spark plug called E3. They said more power and burns cleaner. So I ordered one for my 125 Wombat put it in and wow what a difference. I could tell I had more power and it ran better. I don't sell them just thought i'd pass it along.
For the NGK B8HS & B9HS the E3 # is E3.32. Give one a try they only cost a couple of bucks and you can find them on Ebay. Go to
www.E3Sparkplugs.com
MTRob
Pep

Re: Spark Plug

Post by Pep »

Huh, I never believe those hyped up commercials with "new, amazing technology" - cool that you perceived a difference. Stock points ignition?
At $6.00 a plug, could be fun to give one a try for kicks.
Thanks for the info!
Laurie
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

I was once read the inventor of the "Split Fire" plug created a newer version and was getting 30-35 mpg in his big block 4 barrel Chevy, but they never hit the market. Why? I would think after all this time there is room for improvement, I'll try it.
94 Hodaka Wombat, Combat Toad w 95 frame + 02 Road Toad frame, and a brood of old Honda's.
http://www.goomer.com/honda/
MTRob

Post by MTRob »

Pep
I Worked so good I ordered them for my truck. Check out the website, They have been around for a while. Allot of racers are using them. Try one what the heck it might give you an edge at racing.
MtRob
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

I currently have a spark plug concept that is in the hands at Accel for testing , I cant disclose it to you guys though. BUT! Thet did tell me that they have tested E 3 plugs and found an actual loss in performance on the dyno . Personally I can say I wouldnt use them for the fact that they are more prone to detonation because of the additional hot spots , all those corners on the ground electrode, under extreme conditions It could get ugly. Also I have spoken to Vic Edelbrock many times and he had told me that he was the first to test the split fire plugs and found no positive results. So far the best plugs I have found are the Iridium plugs , the ultra fine wire concentrates the spark and this makes it easier for the spark to jump gap under high loads and RPM , very popular in supercharged engines for this reason, since as cylinder pressure rises from boost fireing becomes more difficult , boost and compression raises resistance for the spark to jump.. Also Harry Taylor said its the only plug that he used that made a difference. There may be some low speed gains with E 3 because of the turbulence created by that coffee table electrode.

Rich