Shock mount question

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
crash

Shock mount question

Post by crash »

Hello all, I have been setting up a vintage race bike, and like the way this bike looks.
while trying to form side number plates I ran into a problem.
when i formed the plate around the shocks, it stuck out too far and did not look right.
after looking closer at photos of the bike , I noticed the top shock mounts were modified.
The top shock mount is mounted further out and the shock mounted inbord of the bracket.
I was wondering if this was done on on other bikes or is it a one off modification ?
Also I was wondering if anyone knows if the threaded inserts that are welded in the top shock mounts are available anywhere ?
Link to article and photos here https://motocrossactionmag.com/classic- ... er-combat/

Thanks Gary
Attachments
hodakastinger.jpg
HODAKAJODYS-BOX-OCT-2014_2.jpg
matt glascock

Re: Shock mount question

Post by matt glascock »

Nothing like Jody Weisel's works bike, but if you can stand the number plates protruding a little, I can take a couple pictures of the brackets my number plates are mounted with.
crash

Post by crash »

Matt I would love to see your mounting brackets, I am looking for options for mounting them.
Thanks Gary
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

I'll snap a few shots of each bike. Give me day. I'm a bit jammed up right now but will get some shots posted tomorrow.