93/99 Rings

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
rdbrooks14

93/99 Rings

Post by rdbrooks14 »

Hello All,

I have some interesting rings and I know that someone knows the answer...

Some of the 93 ring boxes I have only have ONE Dykes Ring in it. BUT other boxes I have have two rings. One Dykes and one not. The box also has a 93 number and a 99 number.

When they made the 99s did they just use the Rat Dykes ring and a regular rind and STOP selling single 93 rings?

Man I have LOTS of STANDARD 100 and 125 Wombat ring sets!

Just curious!

Thanks,

Bob in MD
Bob in MD
39F
racerclam

Re: 93/99 Rings

Post by racerclam »

Yes the Dykes ring is the same for the Toad and the Rat, they just added the lower regular ring to the Toad. I my be interested in wombat ring set .

Rich
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Me too. I think I'll re-ring the standard piston (94Wombat), then look to going oversize on the next piston after the second set of rings wears out.

Darrell
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Hello Bob od MD, This Bruce Young of Hodakaparts.com in Idaho, you mention you have several extra set of rings for 100 and 125, are you enterested in selling any of these sets and what brand are they, we are especially enterested in orginal manf. ART piston ring sets and pistons.

If you do can you send to me a list, here is my home e-mail address; [email protected]
let me know. Maybe you also have pistons as well, last but not least, any for 90,s

Bruce
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho