76 alive!

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Adrenalinejunky

76 alive!

Post by Adrenalinejunky »

No lights, not one...but seems to run good after its 10 year storage stint with me anyway. 2100mi indicated. Seems a bit lean so I didn't run it long.
The oil on my air filter might be too light. If that dont fix it I'm going to check main jet..160 is that correct? Hoping I don't have to pop a seal in it.
Thanks for the help on here.
Attachments
18081.jpeg
thrownchain

Re: 76 alive!

Post by thrownchain »

Might want to run a leak down test to check for any seal or gasket leaks. Cheaper than a motor build.
Adrenalinejunky

I remember back in the day the first time I used a fresh foam air filter how it would run so horrible......I was maybe 10 so didnt know any better but after a short period it dawned on me the oil filter needed oil. What a difference.
Ff to recently...
I just put new foam in the assy and I used some kn af oil, but very sparingly. Before I try anything else I'm gonna give a good dose of regular oil and try again.
I should have noted MJ size while I was cleaning carb. I have no idea if the previous owners messed with jetting. On the other hand, highly likely the crank seals are original.
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Two things, 1) you could dunk the filter element in the oil of your choice - then drain, blot, squeeze all the oil out that you can. And you'll end up with the "right" amount of oil. 2) Um, those "likely original" crank seals ARE going to cause you problems. The only questions are how soon and how severe?

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
Adrenalinejunky

Re-oiled the filter properly and it ran much better. Actually had to raise idle speed and add more air screw. Running both injection and 50:1 and started dropping the plug. Decent amount of smoke so ill try straight gas now.
Does anyone know if the b7hs is still produced or is there an alternative? Ty