Paper air filter size

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Dennis D

Paper air filter size

Post by Dennis D »

Working on my first Hodaka, a 125 Wombat (early). Would like to find the dimensions of the original paper air filter to see if there is something in a wix that will fit. Looks like it was about the size of the early Corvette two four air filter. I did a search and couldn't find the info, but may not have used the correct terms. Thanks, Dennis
matt glascock

Re: Paper air filter size

Post by matt glascock »

Do you have the original Wombat air box? The Wombat used a circular foam filter on a cage that fit inside the air box.
Dennis D

Post by Dennis D »

Ah. I thought that it might be paper because of the ones I saw on e-bay. There was a cage in the airbox that was wrapped with some sort of cloth. If it was foam, I can just make one out of some foam material as I have on DT1's in the past. Thanks for the reply. Now to find the rubber from the carb to the airbox. These seem to be in short supply these days. D
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Uni makes excellent, correct replacements and they are available with the cage included if needed. Your best bet for finding correct, model-specific parts is through one of our main parts houses (Hodaka-Parts and Hodaka Parts Idaho). Frequently, folks don't know exactly what they have when they list parts on ebay. Caveat emptor is the rule there.