local obit

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
givergas

local obit

Post by givergas »

there was a obit in the local paper this week that came as a surprise. my mechanic scott died this past week. great mechanic and a real nice guy. when i first got in to hodakas i bought some dealer manuals from him that he got from the guy who sold hodakas here in town at the time he got the manuals he said there was a couple of hodakas the guy was selling and hes been kicking his self ever since for not getting them. maybe it was cold that day or mabey a hundred other things were going on. well life goes on and hes raising a familiy and racing this and that, he was really in to vintage sleds. i wonder how this excerpt from his obit would of read had he got hold of thoses hodakas . thanks
Attachments
Screenshot (50).png
matt glascock

Re: local obit

Post by matt glascock »

Sad news, Giver. Hang tough.
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

My condolences. Losing a good friend & mechanic is a tough one. Right up there with family. Prayers for his extended family of which you were a part. :ugeek: Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

I lost a good friend on Dec 1, mechanic, fabricator, bike builder. We were friends for 35 years. I have to squash the urge to call him just to talk.
givergas

Post by givergas »

this is not a local obit but a shout out for a friend of hodakas.. rick brown father of jubel brown past away two weeks ago. he was a really nice guy some of you might of known him as he and his son have been to hodaka days. when he found out that i was into hodakas when ever he found a part kicking around it would find its way into my mail box. to me thats pretty darn nice . gods speed..
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

up here in NY we lost John Flummerfelt. He was the Yamaha dealer in Auburn NY for many years and when he retired he worked at Lane’s Yamaha until he retired for good. John was a super nice guy and a walking wealth of knowledge of Yamaha bikes and parts . He will be missed.