Different main shafts

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
mac

Different main shafts

Post by mac »

I thought a gear count might be of help if your looking for the right main shaft on flea bay or at a swap meet since the wombat and Ace main shafts look the same at a glance. Also,I have another main shaft that I picked up that is different from these two that I would like to identify. It,s the longer one on the far left in the pic with three. My guess is that it,s from an oil injected model hence the longer out put shaft.
Attachments
F14A5305-A237-4456-A3F8-41B7F86993DE.jpeg
7F082939-2AFC-42E8-AA34-BF6A0C06E0F2.jpeg
mac

Re: Different main shafts

Post by mac »

Also,on the longer main shaft,the right end is a larger diameter and the shoulder on the output side isn’t,t as long and is notched.
Attachments
6BCCCCFF-27E2-437E-99DF-F9E9E5AD3EA9.jpeg
mac

Post by mac »

It has come to my attention that my gear count on the 94 Wombat main shaft is incorrect. Bruce Young was kind enough to send me a spread sheet that another member made up with a gear count for the main and countershaft gears for each model. According to it,my Wombat has a Combat Wombat transmission. I do apologize for posting false information and if I knew how I would just delete the whole thing.
Thanks Bruce for the spread sheet and thanks to whoever took the time to make it.
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

The spread sheet that I sent to MAC was done by Hodaka Club member Dale Dvorak, of Walla Walla, Wash, I have used it several times to determine "what is what". We need more of these ID charts to help with knowing what parts one is looking at when working on a Hodaka over the years parts and pieces are swapped with other models and sometimes its nice to see visually what we have to match things up. If anyone submits parts and questions, along with pictures, there should measurements as well to make it easier to help with a solution for all. I think we all should support video maker Kelley McKeirnan as well he is doing a great service, I know he has more to come, Bruce
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
mac

Post by mac »

10-4 on Kelly’s videos,very well presented and helpful. I did subscribe.