Happy New Year....

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
viclioce

Happy New Year....

Post by viclioce »

To everyone on the Hodaka Club Forum! Thanks for all you do to help keep these bikes alive!!! :ugeek: Victor
Attachments
8299C3C9-9277-435E-840F-4288777F2BC5.jpeg

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
hodakamax

Re: Happy New Year....

Post by hodakamax »

Thanks Victor, Happy new year!
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Geez, I've gotta work on my timing! I had a plan to watch the ball drop in New York (9:00 PM local time), yell Happy New Year, kiss my sweetie and go to bed. Then I wasn't paying attention and missed the ball drop. And then I missed mid-night in Kansas City. AND THEN I missed mid-night in Boise. So now I'm stuck with trying to keep my eyes open till mid-night in beautiful downtown Athena!

Happy New Year everyone!

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Yes yes! Happy New Year everyone. Well Captain Eddie, while you were working your way through the ball drop options from the PST perspective, I was busy dropping the ball from a CST locale. Actually, it was a brand-spanking new lighting coil I was retrieving from the tool shed attic. After fumbling it and then performing what I can only describe as a Three Stooges-esque attempt at a mid-air grab, it disappeared through the drop-down door aperture where it a made perfect wire-first one-point landing on the corner of the bike lift effectively scoring the lacquer three wires wide. The trajectory of that shot almost defied the laws of physics. I can only say that the sounds emanating from the shed at that point were decidedly NOT those of champagne corks, revelry, buzzers, and party poppers. While I told myself it's good to get that type of stunt out of the way early in the year, deep down I know there's plenty more where that came from. Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

DOH!

Several thoughts come to mind (as you expected, I'm sure ;) ) :

Was this a Murphy's Law Corollary happening? No good deed goes unpunished. (?Trying to do something productive during the decidedly non-productive hours leading up to midnight on New Year's Eve.?)

Or was it related the old rule, "If the wife isn't happy, ain't nobody happy." (?Trying to do something productive - but not very social - during the decidedly non-productive - but distinctly social - hours leading up to midnight on New Year's Eve.?) Hmmmm these first two seem somehow related.

I didn't see any mention of the Dremel tool. You wouldn't be holding some crucial information back would you Matt?
GOOD MORNING 2019!

Ed
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Captain, I am a determined disciple of the "happy wife = happy life" dictum. Said wife had just finished a 12-hour ER shift, so she was predictably comatose by 10pm which allowed the time for the painful yet necessary stator rebuild I've been avoiding for...ever. I'd have to go with option A. As for the Dremel tool, it is contained in a lock box secured by a cold war surplus nuclear launch controller activated by a dual key interface with the key switches positioned at opposite ends of the shed. I only have one key. The other one is supposedly somewhere in the greater Milton-Freewater, Oregon metropolitan area. Hmmm... Here's to a great 2019 for you and yours, Captain!
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

Wow Matt! Of which laquer was it the attacker? Hoping it’s just a clear coat scratch which can be bugged out? Let me know! :ugeek: Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
givergas

Post by givergas »

you guys sure know how to have a good time. happy new year
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Right in the middle of the coil, Victor. And with a bonus dent into the copper. I am going to try clearing it and then meter it to see where we are. I'm obsessive about stator rebuilds so if it is not absolutely, positively within spec, out it goes.
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

You do (of course) mean that you will set the coil aside for possible rewinding at a later date if it fails testing, riiight?
Ed
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Captain, I never...repeat NEVER(!!!) throw out anything Hodaka related. Never EVER. No. (Exception, stripped bolts, rounded nuts, broken cables, replaced seals, old bearings and the like)
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

ahhhhhh (<------- sigh of relief and comfort)

Ed
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

:)