Wombat to combat wombat

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
24WilPor

Wombat to combat wombat

Post by 24WilPor »

Just got my hands on a 94A wombat engine. I have a combat wombat frame, so I was wondering does the combat muffler fit on the 94A cylinder?
RylanCoffey

Re: Wombat to combat wombat

Post by RylanCoffey »

The motor should bolt right on fine as for me I put a 100cc super rat motor on my dirt squirt 01 which is a 125. To put the exhaust on and properly mount it you might need to make a few modifications to the frame or brackets. I think the bikes are very similar and should pretty easy to make it work
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Rylan, I don't remember the details on your Dirt Squirt. It may have had a 125cc engine in it when you got it -- but ALL Dirt Squirts left the factory with 100cc engines.
Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
olddogs

Post by olddogs »

The engine will bolt right in, but the 95 pipe uses a slip fit exhaust manifold where the Wombat pipe screws onto the cylinder. The CW pipe also will interfere with the Wombat air cleaner assembly since it makes a turn thru the frame to exit the other side. If you use a Wombat motor in a CW frame, both the Wombat air cleaner and pipe will bolt right on. Lots of mix and match can be done with Hodaka parts between the models. There are some creative builds out there.
RylanCoffey

Post by RylanCoffey »

I have a dirt squirt 01 1975 with a 69 super rat motor. My dirt squirt had a 125 motor originally but the 100 still bolts on perfect. I'm having to install the dirt squirts kick start lever cause the super rat one hits the frame when I kick it over. I'm also having to figure out how to get the pipe on correctly to
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Just to be sure you understand Rylan - your Squirt had a 125 engine "originally" (when it came to you), but it had a 100cc engine installed at the factory. There were no 125cc Dirt Squirts assembled at the factory.
Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
RylanCoffey

Post by RylanCoffey »

Oh really ? That's awesome Ed thanks for telling me! So in that case back to my point, your motor should work just fine
24WilPor

Post by 24WilPor »

I've been slowly getting parts for the engine and wondering where I could find a CW cylinder head. There's one on Hodaka parts but $850 is quite out of my price range. I plan on trying to piece together a combat top end on a wombat engine to be able to fit the exhaust because that's the best part of the CW. Just trying to build a custom Hodaka with this one. Gonna put ace type lights and sandblast and paint the frame RT green. I have a gas tank I'm going to try to see if I can salvage as it has the original sticker on it. Might throw a couple Hodaka stickers on it too! Got two other original Hodakas so I'm just trying to have fun with this one.