California Desert Race video, circa 1967

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

California Desert Race video, circa 1967

Post by Bullfrog »

This link takes you to a 30 minute video of a California desert race in 1967. J.N. Roberts won it on his new-fangled Husky. Brought back big time memories of races in Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington . . . and the ISDT Two Day Qualifier which was headquartered in Barstow, CA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a64niu0db8

Enjoy
Keep the rubber side down!
rdbrooks14

Re: California Desert Race video, circa 1967

Post by rdbrooks14 »

Watched the whole thing - AWESOME! That era was amazing. Things like that just could not happen in this country any more!!!
Bob in MD
39F
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Wow, that was great! Bruce Brown narrating. I love the guy in the pits that wanted a cigarette as they were gassing up and got one, took off with the butt in his mouth. The 60's were the best. Couldn't imagine riding my old 62 Triumph Bonneville across the desert. No front fenders.
94 Hodaka Wombat, Combat Toad w 95 frame + 02 Road Toad frame, and a brood of old Honda's.
http://www.goomer.com/honda/
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Just being there was awesome!! when about one thousand bikes fire up and take off in a group over a quarter mile wide The ground just shook. And the here and there boy from the north were lost in the pits. The film brings back memory's Good film! Clarence
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

Thanks for posting the link Ed. I used to own a Triumph 650 and I can't fathom racing it in the desert. They were unreliable enough on asphalt, much less dirt. When you consider that they weighed 350 pounds they would wear a rider down pretty quick.

Brian