Hydro blasting ?

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
thrownchain

Hydro blasting ?

Post by thrownchain »

I'm thinking of adding a hydro blast set up to my shop. ( vapor blasting) If I do and offer the service to others, would you people out there use it ? Or should I save my money and ship to someone who already has a unit ? thx
Bruce Young

Re: Hydro blasting ?

Post by Bruce Young »

Dan, I would like to see someone like your self, whom is so commented to the Vintage Motorcycle world, not just Hodaka the world, whom will start a service like this, but the expense of shipping, and down time must be added into your scenario. I am in the west coast, and I would probably try to find someone local. But if you do it Hodaka only, set up an exchange program, that might work. You have a supply of finished products ready to go, but I send you an old one to have done and ready for the next person. I know there are people out there, that want their own done and that is ok, but the prices would be diff. Dan just do it, you will find people will come if advertised correctly. Don,t just do it for the Hodaka world but the Vintage world. Bruce Young see you at Hodaka Days I hope and will have a Mountion Dew avail. this time
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
dirtsquirt74

Post by dirtsquirt74 »

How does hydro blasting compare with systems such as sand blasting, bead blasting and soda blasting?
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Glass beading in a water solution, google vapor blasting or hydro blasting and you'll see some videos.
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Dan I have seen several different opinions registered on the Forum, about which looks the best and etc. Maybe a short poll would be helpful to see if the Hodaka World would use your service. Also need to get a range of prices people have paid. Good luck with this new adventure. Bruce
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

As for costs, some charge by the hour ( $50 to $75), or by the parts themselves which would have to be up to the individual operator.
As to turn around, for most items I can see a same day, next day turn around, if I know they are coming I can pick up at the post office, get 'em done, and back to the post office same day. of if they are coming UPS, next day depending on when my guy shows up. This is still in the planning stage, so just checking the waters so to speak.