Gramps 1965 ACE 90 Finished

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
CURTISHARVIE

Gramps 1965 ACE 90 Finished

Post by CURTISHARVIE »

Hi everyone, I just wanted to throw up some pictures of my ACE90 which I dragged out of gramps garage a year ago. A special thanks to Paul for all of his help and parts, Roger for the beautiful engine rebuild, Jeff for the mirror finish on the chrome, and everyone on here who has helped me all along. It's wonderful to have a great resource for such an uncommon and beautiful machine. I am still working on getting her started (will adjust the kick start when I get home Wednesday) but once she is I plan on putting some miles on her. Enjoy!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
hodakamax

Re: Gramps 1965 ACE 90 Finished

Post by hodakamax »

Wow Curtis! Nice job for sure! A little reminder of my past. I brought a new Ace 90 home from the Hodaka dealer in Pittsburg Kansas in 1965. Later in life I bought that same blue VW and rebuilt it. They shared the same workshop as shown in your cool panorama. Anyway, good work and thanks for showing us the final product. :)

Max
ossa95d

Post by ossa95d »

Wow! An Ace 90 and a VW Beetle! Makes me think I am in high school again. Nice to have another Hodaka enthusiast in Vermont!
Ivan AKA "Pop"
taz

Post by taz »

Thanks for the show ! Very Very nice !
Taz
Dale

Post by Dale »

Beautiful bike. Too bad the windshield did not make the transition. What a hoot...
Dale
Zyx

Post by Zyx »

Windshield, 200 amp stereo, surround sound...ultimate cruiser. You would have Harley guys green with envy.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Arizona Shorty wrote:Windshield, 200 amp stereo, surround sound...ultimate cruiser. You would have Harley guys green with envy.
I think it would be speed limited, particularly up wind--what a drag, so to speak.

Maxie

PS--that's not counting spinning that big alternator!
Zyx

Post by Zyx »

But with a tailwind, it will go much faster. So maybe an MP3 player and earbuds.
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

Fantastic resto! Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that windshield looks "unique" (I can't think of a worthy description). I can't imagine what that windshield would have done to the top speed of the little bike, not to mention the handling, with it being fastened to the forks/handlebars.

Brian
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Curtis GREAT job !!!!!!!! I cannot wait to see it in person. You should be very very proud especially knowing it is your grandfathers bike!
See you soon
Paul
swimmer_spe

Post by swimmer_spe »

CURTISHARVIE wrote:Hi everyone, I just wanted to throw up some pictures of my ACE90 which I dragged out of gramps garage a year ago. A special thanks to Paul for all of his help and parts, Roger for the beautiful engine rebuild, Jeff for the mirror finish on the chrome, and everyone on here who has helped me all along. It's wonderful to have a great resource for such an uncommon and beautiful machine. I am still working on getting her started (will adjust the kick start when I get home Wednesday) but once she is I plan on putting some miles on her. Enjoy!

Gorgeous!!!

My father's 69 Ace 90 looks like what you started with.

I am planning a full restoration to showroom shine. Any tips? What were some of the hurdles you encountered?